05. Different

Shinazugawa Sanemi, the ever so hot-tempered Wind Hashira, was seen sitting on the patio that was facing the courtyard and he watched with his pale purple eyes narrowed slightly as he looked at [name] who was having a conversation with Tanjiro and his friends. He watched the way she would laugh a little at what Tanjiro had said, and her hand would stretch out and pat the young burgundy-haired boy on the head.

His heart was aching.

"Ara, you're Zenitsu, right? I remember Kuwajima-san have been talking to me about you back then," she said with a smile as she gently patted Zenitsu on the head. Her dark blue ocean eyes then widened slightly as his face turned extremely red and he immediately grabbed hold of her hand.

"Akane-san! Please marry me!" and [name] blinked in confusion and watched as Tanjiro hits him on the head, causing him to fall to the ground. [name] then waved her hand slightly and looked at Zenitsu with a disgusted look on her face.

At that point of time, Shinazugawa Sanemi wanted to get up and punch the lights out of Zenitsu.

[name]'s dark blue ocean eyes then widened when she heard screaming. She immediately turned, and Sanemi watched with his pale purple eyes widened. How beautiful she was as her long brown hair was tied up in a ponytail and when she turned, how gentle it will follow the motion.

He watched as [name] took off running straight towards the Butterfly Estate, and he couldn't help but wonder how blind he had been.

"And here I thought she would stay back in her hometown," he muttered out and soon felt Himejima's hand on his head, ruffling his white hair slightly.

"You broke her heart, thinking that she would remain back in her hometown because you want to protect her, isn't it?" Himejima asked as he soon settled down beside the Wind Hashira. Sanemi then chuckled a little, a gesture that wasn't shown very often.

"Being a demon slayer, I can't guarantee whether I will always return to her side. She really meant a lot to me, and I can't bear to know the fact that she will cry and break down because of my death," Sanemi spoke out with a soft smile as he continues to remember, how much [name] had moved his cold heart after Kanae's death.

"She's nothing like Kanae. I need to admit it, just because she's kind, she isn't like Kanae. They are two entirely different people," he whispered out, and Himejima could only smile in response.

"Yet, you didn't know she was a Hashira,"

"Looks like my plans backfired," Sanemi muttered out.

"UZUI TENGEN!" [name]'s voice was heard and Sanemi watched as Tengen was running off with some girls he had kidnapped from the Butterfly Estate. He then watched as [name] quickly caught up to the Sound Hashira, and immediately stopped him from escaping once more.

"Uzui-san," [name] said with a smile on her face, and Tengen paled a little at the shorter girl. She then watched as he jumped up onto the roof and looked at [name]'s disapproving face. She then narrowed her eyes slightly and placed her hands on her hips, looking up to the Sound Hashira.

"3..." she started to count down.

"2..." and Tengen could only sigh in response.

"1..." and Tengen threw the girls back down to [name], allowing her to catch them easily. She then tried to hush the crying girls before Shinobu appears, and soon they had kept quiet.

"Explain yourself," [name] spoke out as Tengen landed back safely on the ground on his two feet. She then watched as he stuttered slightly, and she sighed. She stretched her hand out and pulled his ear harshly.