07. Blood

"Why do you want to know more about [name]'s background?" Shinobu asked as she eyed the Wind Hashira who was somehow obediently sitting properly, without the usual scowl on his face as he surprised Shinobu with a pleading look earlier on

"I need to make it up to her," he mumbled out.

"We don't know much about her. Only Oyakata-sama knows. Maybe you should ask Oyakata-sama instead," Shinobu spoke out as she pressed her lips into a fine thin line. She then listened as Sanemi quickly left her office, and she could only sigh in response.

"If one were to know the truth, would they still love the person the same way as before?" Shinobu mumbled out as she leaned back on her chair and tilts her head up with a sigh.

"Nee-san, is it alright for everybody to know?" she whispered out.

"Alright for who to know?" a voice spoke out and Shinobu turned and looked at [name] who had just happened to drop by her office before she heads out for her mission at night. A smile graced upon the Insect Hashira and Moon Hashira's face as Aoi soon entered the room with a tray of set and cookies.

"And what pleasure do I owe for you to come and visit me after returning to the front lines?" Shinobu teased and [name] could only laugh a little at the response. The duo then sat in silence as they enjoyed each other's company.

Something they would usually do with Kanae.

"You've really changed a lot, Shinobu," [name] spoke out with a smile.

"I'm sure it's because of the girls here in the Butterfly Estate," [name] added on as she turned to look at Aoi who was peeking through the small crack on the door. She then smiled and motioned for her to join in, and wasn't surprised to see the three younger girls as well.

"Come on, let's spend some time together like how we would always do,"

.

.

"Sanemi, what brings you here?" Oyakata-sama asked as he noticed the Wind Hashira had made his presence known in the Ubushiyaki Estate. A gentle smile appeared on his lips as well for he looked at the direction of where the Wind Hashira was.

"Oyakata-sama, could you please tell me more about [name]'s life here?" and Oyakata-sama was rather surprised that Sanemi wanted to know about [name], despite breaking her heart so badly. As what he had heard from his wife then.

"And why is that, child?" he asked in a gentle voice as always.

"What I know base on what [name] had told me, she said her family was killed by a demon, anything else to that?" he asked, and Oyakata-sama could only smile in response. He then felt his children's hand guiding him to grabbed hold of the cup of tea.

"[name] said her family was killed by a demon?" Oyakata-sama repeated, and Sanemi was surprised to see the slight frown that was shown on Oyakata-sama's face.