08. Blushes

"Yes, it's my off day today

"Yes, it's my off day today. Why do you ask?" [name] spoke out as she sat up in her futon which she had missed so dearly after being held captive in the Butterfly Estate. Aoi's eyes then lit up at what [name] had said, and [name] could only yawn a little as she rubbed her sleepy eyes.

"There's a music festival going on the town just down the hill, would you go with us?" Aoi asked, and [name] cracked open one of her dark blue ocean eyes and looked at Aoi. She then tilts her head to the side as she continued to look at the young Butterfly girl.

"Did Shinobu sent you here?" she asked, and Aoi's eyes widened in response. [name] then chuckled and soon reached her hand out and placed it on Aoi's head, ruffling her head gently.

"Of course I'll go. Why would I miss the times I get to spend with all of you?" she asked with a smile, and Aoi's lips curled up into a wide smile.

"How's Tanjiro and the others? Have they been giving trouble?" [name] asked as Aoi pulled away her covers. She then proceeded to stand up as Aoi had already prepared her towel and bathing supplies, watching as the Moon Hashira left her room to take a shower.

"Aoi, stay in my room instead. You don't have to wait for me outside here," [name] spoke out as she shut the bathroom door and proceeded to shower. Whereas, Aoi returned to [name]'s room and started to make her futon.

"Aoi, you don't have to do that..." [name] mumbles out a little tiredly. Being a demon slayer was extremely hard work. With a strict training schedule along with countless missions. Being a Hashira had its own pros and cons as well.

"Akane-san, you seem to be very tired," Aoi spoke out, a little concern that she noticed the eyebags beneath [name]'s eyes. [name] then had on a soft smile in response as she gently patted the young girl on the head.

"Nightmares..." she mumbled out as she proceeded to dry her hair and pressed her lips into a fine thin line as she looked into the mirror. From the reflection, she could see the worried gaze in Aoi's face.

"Don't worry, it's something I'm used to," [name] spoke out as she finished drying her hair and tied her hair up into a bun. A smile showed on her face as Aoi still had on the worried gaze still.

"Come on, chin up. Turn that frown upside down already," [name] spoke out, and her dark blue ocean eyes widened as Aoi hugged her tightly. [name] then chuckled softly as she wrapped her arms around the young girl, and patted her back.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing, Akane-san... Nothing at all..." she whispered out.

"Silly... When you're ready to tell me, I'll be all ears," [name] said with a smile and Aoi nodded against her chest.

"Shall we help to finish up the chores for the day and quickly allow ourselves to have more free time?" a voice called out and [name] laughed as she looked at Shinobu who had brought Kanao along with her. Kanao then ran up to [name] and joined in the hug as well.