13. Realization

"Tell me, Shinazugawa. Why did you say such things to [name] back then?" Giyuu asked as he poured some tea for Sanemi as they had returned to the estate which belonged to Giyuu. Sanemi then narrowed his eyes slightly as he tried to remember what was happening.

"I said what I fucking meant, Tomioka," Sanemi muttered out and was taken aback at the deadly stare that was seen on Giyuu's face.

"That's not the truth," Giyuu pointed out and Sanemi sighed in response.

"I didn't know she was a Hashira, okay? I thought she was just a fucking helper in the Demon Slayer Corps. Being a Hashira, heck, being a fucking demon slayer means I might die any day that I'm going out for a mission. I didn't want to die fucking knowing that she is going to cry when she hears about my death," Sanemi muttered out, and looked as Giyuu raised an eyebrow in response to what he had just said.

"So... You just love [name] so much that you were willing to let go of the relationship the both of you had?" Giyuu asked, and Sanemi rolled his pale purple eyes in response.

"I said what I fucking said, Tomioka. Don't make me fucking repeat it," he muttered out.

------------------------

"Are you fucking serious?" [name] muttered out as she looked at her crow who had just announced to her that she will be going on a mission together with the Wind Hashira, Shinazugawa Sanemi.

Sakonji and Giyuu then watched with a soft smile on their faces as they looked at [name] who had left the room to change into her demon slayer uniform. 

They watched as [name] stood in front of the full-length mirror she had placed in her room. They made themselves comfortable as they sat down with their legs crossed, placing an elbow on one knee, resting their chin against the palm of their hands.

They watched as she proceeded to tie her hair up into a high ponytail, the way her long brown hair would follow through as she tugged it through the hair tie. They continued to watch the young girl who had grown up together with them, and watched as she soon turned to look at them.

A smile on her face, along with her pair of dark blue ocean eyes that had a slight sadness held within it. Giyuu then sighed, knowing why [name] would be having on a sad look instead.

"Alright, time to head out already," Giyuu spoke out and watched as [name] strapped her nichirin blade against her belt. Sakonji then hummed in satisfaction at the perfect posture that [name] held as he soon stood up. [name] then nodded and soon walked out of the Moon Estate, since she had to meet up with Sanemi at the entrance of the Demon Slayer Corps to head together for the mission.

A heavy heart she carried.

Sakonji couldn't help but feel proud, watching as [name] was ready to head out for a mission. He hadn't been able to see how [name] was like ever since she became a Hashira, often being extremely busy going on missions, and he was very happy.

He was happy with Giyuu as well, both his students managed to become top tier demon slayers.

Sakonji then stopped as he looked at [name] who was walking further away from him and Giyuu. Somehow, he felt his heart aching as he realized [name] and Giyuu had grown up a little too fast. He then sighed as he could only imagine a small [name] back then, walking the same path that the current [name] was walking as well.

"Just die... Just die already... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry..." she cried out as she continued to stab the demon, not letting it any second to regenerate itself. She continued to stab as tears ran down her face, and she could only mutter the same words over and over again.