10. Promise

"Good afternoon, Shinazugawa-san," Aoi spoke out as she was busy cleaning the graves that resided at the back of the Butterfly Estate

"Good afternoon, Shinazugawa-san," Aoi spoke out as she was busy cleaning the graves that resided at the back of the Butterfly Estate. He then smiled in response and soon Aoi decided to leave him alone, something that he had been doing for the past one week.

He then knelt before a grave that was decorated with flower crowns. A bitter smile appeared on his lips this time around as he prayed to the grave before him. He then sighed and soon looked up slightly, trying to calm his nerves down.

"Kanae, am I doing the right thing?" he whispered out and chuckled a little and placed the bouquet of flowers onto the bottom of the grave.

"I hope I'm doing the right thing," he whispered out and soon turned. His pale purple eyes then widened at who was standing right behind him, with a smile on her face.

"Hey," [name] called out.

"[name]... You're finally awake..." he whispered out, and [name] laughed a little. She had been out cold for a whole week now and had finally regained consciousness. She then tilts her head to the side and continued to smile at him.

"Did you miss me?" she asked, and Sanemi could only chuckle in response. [name] then blinked in confusion at the way he was acting. She was expecting a scowl on his face and a slight blush instead, but this time, he smiled at her. Softly.

"I sure did," and [name]'s eyes widened when he came over and pulled her into a tight hug.

"God fucking damn, I missed you so much," he whispered out.

"Did you hit your head? Why are you being so expressive? This isn't the Shinazugawa-san that I remember," [name] spoke out as she tilts her head to the side, clearly in confusion as Sanemi stared straight into her dark blue ocean eyes. She then watched as he chuckled slightly in response and pulled her in for another hug once more.

"Nothing at all. Just couldn't bear to have you leaving us too," and he smiled when he felt [name] laughing against his body. He bit his lips to prevent himself from telling the truth.

The truth was, he was afraid she will disappear from his sight.

Just like how Kanae did.

"I see you've visited Kanae. What did you say to her?" she asked as she withdrew from the hug and walked under th sunlight. Sanemi watched as [name] spread her arms out and stretched, the way her long brown hair would flow against the gentle afternoon breeze. He then watched as she turned to look at him, and he could feel his heart melting at the radiant smile she had on herself.

Beautiful.

"Doesn't matter, I'm sure you missed her a lot," [name] answered with a smile and soon noticed Aoi was standing at the doorway. She looked at Aoi and soon smiled at the young Butterfly Girl as well.

"How are you doing?" she spoke out, and Aoi could only have the guilty look on her face still. [name] then laughed slightly in response and soon looked up. Sanemi and Aoi then looked at what [name] was looking at, and they noticed her crow was fluttering down towards her.