16. 献身

[name] looked at her shoulder that had been pierced through. She watched as the tentacle continued to move, and soon she felt herself being pulled back. Her eyes then widened as she realized where she was being pulled back to, and immediately switched her nichirin blade, swiping it backward, freeing herself.

There stood Muzan, chuckling slightly to himself, yet he could only think about how weak his Upper Moon Demons were against just one Hashira, and it was one that they had each encountered against before. Yet, his red plump eyes widened even more as [name] soon disappeared from his sight and ended up behind him.

"Breath of the Moon, Second Form: Crescent Vortex!" and [name] swung her sword, causing a tornado filled with crescents in them, heading straight for Muzan himself. The demon slayers and Hashiras then felt the fortress trembling, and soon it broke into the surface.

"One hour and a half until sunrises!" the crows started to announce, and [name] smiled as the Hashiras soon arrived to gather together, with their nichirin blades in their hands.

"Breath of Water, Sixth Form: Whirlpool!" and [name] fiercely twisted her upper and lower body, creating a whirlpool that went straight for Kibutsuji Muzan, who was then rendered into pieces, yet he managed to regenerate quickly.

"Ah, right. I remember you used to be a Breath of Water user," Muzan chuckled out as he soon regenerated fully, and realized he was surrounded by the Hashiras.

The Hashiras could only pant and stare in horror as they tried to attack Muzan, only to have him regenerate back at a rapid speed. No matter how much they cut him, he ends up being back in a full piece. They were having an extremely hard time getting past his tentacles, only to be swung back hitting the ruins of the fallen fortress.

Only [name] was standing strong and tall against him.

Before Muazan can fatally wound [name], hordes of lesser ranked Demon Slayers push the Pillars out of harm's way, ready to die as human shields as Muzan murders dozens of them. He muses that they were fortunate to die immediately and points to the dead bodies, only to have his eyes widened when he saw no dead bodies at all.

"Breath of the Moon, Fifth Form: Glowing Opposition!" [name] had stopped his attacks just in time before he could kill any of the lower-ranked demon slayers. She then narrowed her eyes at them and soon motioned for them to get lost.

"Get the fuck out of here," she muttered out, a little annoyed that the demon slayers didn't listen to the plan that she had told them earlier on. Her eyes then widened when she spotted a rather familiar-looking Butterfly Girl running towards them with a nichirin blade in her hand.

"Akane-san! Look out!" and [name] was sent back to the ruins as she got distracted for those moments. She then gritted her teeth in response and soon realized she wasn't severely injured and turned behind to look. Her eyes then widened as Sanemi had rushed to her aid, acting as a cushion for her.

"You idiot!" she yelled out and Sanemi could only stand up and act as if nothing had happened.

"Aoi! What are you doing here!" Shinobu yelled out as she tried to stop Aoi who was standing a few meters away from Muzan, holding a nichirin blade. [name]'s eyes widened at how afraid Aoi was, and she could only rush forward as she looked at Muzan who was ready to attack Aoi and Shinobu.

"I want to help Akan- no, I want to help [name]-nee-san!" Aoi cried out as she looked at [name] who was running towards them with a worried look.

"GET DOWN!" [name] yelled out and soon Giyuu had arrived to pick up Shinobu just in time, and [name] quickly grabbed hold of Aoi in a hug as her back faced Muzan's attack.