CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE. the bubak.

( song of the chapter )
dangerous— big data

" it must be fate, i found a place for us
i bet you didn't know that i was dangerous."

To say the least, Harper was a little dazed

To say the least, Harper was a little dazed. During her blackout, apparently she'd been sixteen again for a full three or four days. Not only was that quite hard for her brain to comprehend, but Scott and Stiles had also told her about the Bubak situation and that her ex-boyfriend was trying to contact her again. It felt like she'd woken up from a five-minute nap and had everything sprung on her all at once.

"You okay?" Stiles asked, watching as Harper blinked with furrowed brows.

"Yeah, yeah," she waved her hand dismissively at him. "Kind of just thinking what next?"

"Well, my dad's holding a meeting where he's gonna try and reassure everybody that this isn't, well, you guys causing this," Stiles scratched his chin. "Scott's gonna speak there, so's Argent and Derek. The whole Bubak thing... We don't really have a clue right now."

Harper paused as she thought over his words, not really gaining as much reassurance from him as she had previously hoped. She ran her fingers over her lips, glancing up at him with some nervousness behind her eyes.

"What about Calum?" She asked.

Stiles' heart sunk when he read her features. "Are you scared of him?"

While he didn't exactly want Harper to be friendly with her ex, it also made Stiles feel pretty downcast that someone she'd trusted had just abused her kind nature like that and made her feel weak and vulnerable. While Stiles had only ever been in one relationship before, it had been a long one, and he couldn't even dream of hurting his significant other.

"Not scared... More concerned," Harper replied, choosing her words carefully. "I don't know, he just seemed to flip a switch when I told him I was coming back to Beacon Hills."

"When he hit you?" Stiles' eyes softened.

Harper nodded. "I kicked him out straight after and I nearly broke his nose, but he came to my apartment the next day. He was in my bedroom when I came out of the bathroom, just waiting for me."

Stiles felt like a bucket of cold water had been drenched over him. "Shit, Harper. This dude sounds like a total nutcase."

"Maybe he is, that's why I'm concerned," Harper replied forcefully. "But maybe he isn't. I don't know."

"Nope, definitely a nutcase."

"Okay, I get it," the British woman huffed, practically glaring at Stiles and making him frown in surprise.

"What's up with you?"

"I don't know, maybe I'm on edge because I just got kidnapped and turned eight years younger and now I'm being told my ex-boyfriend is a psychopath who's not finished with me yet," Harper snapped, standing up from the couch and running a hand through his hair. "I don't wanna- I just wanna ignore it all."