𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

THE END WHERE IT BEGAN
↳ introduction

Negan stepped out of his trailer and onto the first of three steps that would lead him onto the ground

Negan stepped out of his trailer and onto the first of three steps that would lead him onto the ground. The mobile home was parked in a clearing, trees surrounding the area. On the dirt, members of a group called Alexandria kneeled. Each of them were sweating anxiously, unknowing of what awaited as they watched the leader of The Saviors with wide eyes.

Then, their orbs grew even larger at the sight of the familiar, young brunette teen who followed after Negan. Though she was nervous for what punishment the infamous man deemed fit for the group, she walked with confidence, her head hung high and shoulders upright as she stepped with a sinister sway that begged for attention, making it obvious that she would be noticed, even in a crowd.

Her brown hair was styled, a few strands put into braids as the rest laid wavy, traveling down far below her shoulders, revealing that they had access to more than most survivors did these days. As such, Madi's clothes were fairly clean-cut, a pair of skinny jeans beneath the leather jacket she'd placed over her stained tank top, with a blood spot that hadn't come out. It seemed that she'd been stabbed once upon a time, and that she'd been wearing the shirt when it happened. Rick Grimes suspected that it was the doing of those she ran with, clueless to her relation to the dangerous men who didn't seem like the type to openly keep kids around.

That was true, to a point. Though there were children on the bottom floor, their parents workers who traded labor for shelter in The Sanctuary, they weren't typically granted a respectable position. However, Negan held some sort of admiration for the girl he'd mentored, and after the murder of her father, Shane, he'd raised her well.

Though at first, The Saviors saw his love for the kid as a sign of weakness, Negan put them in their place, usually with a warning shot to the kneecap. Once, he'd told Madi to handle a man who claimed Negan didn't have guts because of the girl. That was her first kill, as she'd gutted him in response.

If her father could see her now, he'd likely be proud. Rick Grimes was the cause of her pain, and her brutal, barbaric ways. She hated him wholeheartedly, having left right after witnessing her father's murder one night at the farm. Rick had only seen her for a moment, spotting the young girl running into the forest that surrounded them.

He'd figured she'd died. In fact, everyone in their group thought that she met the same fate as Carol's daughter, Sophia.

But, in reality, Madi was a fighter. She survived on her own for an entire year before Negan and his group found her. It'd been difficult and the universe had been unimaginably cruel to her during that time. Her loneliness was once all consuming. Truthfully, she hadn't ever dreamed of being saved. The Saviors gave her a fighting chance, for whatever reason. Something about the way she still attempted to fight them off...