𝐭𝐰𝐨.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

THE GIRL'S JUST LIKE CANDY
↳ chapter two

Through the snapping sticks and crunching dirt, Madi walked alongside Daryl, who held a stack of firewood in his built arms as the brunette girl beside him anxiously gripped the brown, leather straps of her loaded backpack

Behind her, Carol grabbed ahold of Henry's arm, interrupting his next step. "Be careful. There are traps everywhere." She warned the teenage boy, her voice causing Madi to halt in her own steps as she peered over her shoulder at the mother and son, an unreadable expression etched across her harsh feautures.

Henry met the girl's blue eyes, and as she turned, beginning to walk ahead of the pair, he hesitantly caught up to her side. "Hey, you're Madi, right?" He asked, his dark brown eyes tracing ever edge of her lovely, dirtied up face.

She thought his question was pointless, sure that his mother had already told him all about her, Daryl, and even Negan.

And so, she brushed him off, putting an extra pep in her step in order to further get in front of him. Of course, the boy was persistent as he hopped up to her once again, maintaining both sides of their conversation.

He had dirty-blonde hair and light, warm skin, freckles gently sprinkled along his cheeks and across the bridge his soft, button nose. "I'm Henry." He introduced himself in yet another failed attempt to talk to his brunette peer.

Abruptly stopping in her steps, Madi turned and met his eyes for a brief moment, cocking her head to the side. He cautiously looked back at her, watching as she offered him a headshake of disapproval before she successfully shook him off of her tail, deciding to join Daryl beside their set, but dying fire.

Henry paused for a moment, a bit dumbfounded as he stood still and he nervously scratched the back of his neck, "Yeah, I guess I expected that." The blonde boy mumbled, huffing the words as he spoke quietly, underneath his breath.

As the girl joined his side, lending him a hand to tend the fire, Daryl cracked a smile to himself upon witnessing the painfully awkward encounter the two teenagers exchanged. An odd sense of pride struck him, because of Madi's skilled avoidance.

Noticing his smirk, she rolled her eyes at him. Tossing one last piece of chopped wood into the fire-pit, she walked off to the edge of the lake, ignoring his silent chuckle.

"Hey, buddy." Madi clicked her tongue to her teeth as she greeted the dog, her sweetened voice quiet. She'd bent down, kneeling to pet the animal's warm, furry ears. Dog panted, looking back at her as he appreciated the itch she scratched.