𝐭𝐰𝐨.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

I JUST WISH I COULD GO BACK
↳ chapter two

I JUST WISH I COULD GO BACK↳ chapter two

Time passed by slowly.

Oftentimes, weeks would fly by quite dreadfully as rations would disappear, leaving everyone to starve.

For Madi, time used to be the thing that disappeared. She'd rarely lose track of the days when Negan was taking care of her. But, now that she had to take care of others, everything took more energy.

She'd feel as though she'd been awake for hours when it'd only been a few moments, which made her head ache as she grew tired quickly.

This may have simply been an affect of her obvious malnutrition, from lack of supplies. Or, maybe it was just in her mind.

Either way, it was worse for Negan. He missed seeing the girl's familiar smile and hearing her laugh at the dark jokes that no one else would dare to even crack a smile to.

He spent his long, restless days trying to latch onto those times with her; trying to remember the way that she spoke; her surprisingly harsh, but fragile voice.

It was worse for him, because he had nothing else to do. Because, though Madi would think of him, she had to occupy herself with their people's needs, and listen to their concerns.

But, Negan only had a bouncy ball to boredly throw against the wall; the only sound to listen to being it's echoes in his cell, or the painful sound of his own voice.

Still, it felt like it'd been days for Madi, who was on the move.

Madi and Harvey reached the bridge by nightfall, after a few long, busy hours of walking. They'd discussed their plans for when they did, indeed, approach their enemies.

Fortunately for them, they didn't actually need to enter the opposing communities camp to find one of the treacherous Saviors; because they caught sight of Justin, a dickish, former-Savior, leaving.

They had the jump on him when Harvey stealthily grabbed the man from behind, holding him in a headlock. Soon after, Madi appeared in front of Justin, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Madi? What're you-" Justin questioned, the large, muscular man struggling in Harvey's stronger arms. Madi cut him off, "What am I doing? I'm about to kill you." She interrupted.

He had long, wavy brown hair, and a set of chiseled facial features. And, his body was buff, his frame tall and built.

"Are there more of you? More of The Saviors? Listen, I didn't want to join these people-- I didn't-" This time, Harvey interrupted the man's words, his hold on Justin's neck tightening, "Shut up."

But, Justin smirked as he recognized Harvey's familiar voice, "Harvey? So, there are more of you? Let me join."

"No. We're still Negan, but you... You are an asshole-- and you're a traitor-- and you're not coming back with us." Madi declared, shaking her head at the man, her words practically growled.

"I'm leaving them tonight. I'm not a part of what they're doing here. I'm still a Savior." Justin defended himself against her claims. Madi simply scoffed, her thin arms crossed over her chest, "Why do you think you're still breathing?"

Justin furrowed his eyebrows at the girl just before Harvey shoved him, letting go of his grip on the man. "We grab some food, some medicine, and we're out." Madi ordered the blonde before the walked away from Justin, who'd landed on the ground after Harvey pushed him.

He watched as the two Saviors walked off toward camp, each of them crouched into a squatting position to stay hidden and undetected from Alexandria and their like-minded communities.

_

Justin's undead corpse had been found the following day. Now, it was dark again as Daryl and Maggie searched for those who killed him. They'd been conversing quietly among themselves when a voice rang out from nearby, "Beg." It ordered, "Beg, like you made them beg."

Maggie rose her pistol as the pair approached the group of Oceanside women. "Drop it." The widow demanded.

Cyndie and Beatrice were holding guns to the back of Arat's, a former-Savior's, head. "Bea, it's okay." Cyndie assured the woman, who didn't lower her weapon.

"You took out Justin with that thing?" Daryl questioned, addressing the odd gun that Beatrice held. Around them, crickets churped, ringing in their ears.

"He killed my husband." The woman replied. Her words caused both Daryl and Maggie to lower their weapons in understanding. After all, if anyone understood, it would be Maggie.

At the sign of safety, Beatrice revealed something to them, "Now that you know, I guess it's safe to tell you.. Negan's little girl, Madi-- Justin mentioned her. He said that she was killing the surrendered Saviors; that there was more of them who escaped the war, and that Negan's kid was leading them. The missing supplies you mentioned? She took it."

Daryl and Maggie exchanged a glance, their expressions differing. While Daryl looked conflicted, Maggie looked angry.

Time passed differently for the two of them. They had people who they truly, wholeheartedly loved; people to talk to. They had moments in which they smiled, able to forget about their awful losses; even momentarily.

Each had things to do, and lives of their own. But, Madi had become the only thing she truly, wholeheartedly loved; she'd become Negan.

Daryl remembered their time together, when she'd sneak into his cell, to keep him company. He cared for the girl, deep down. So, he felt bad for everything she'd lost, even if he hated Negan with every single fiber of his being.

Maggie also hated the ex-leader of The Saviors, but she didn't care much for Madi. After all, the girl hadn't really shared any words with her. All that she knew of Madi was the memory of her standing alongside Negan when he killed the love of her life; when Madi hugged him afterward.

Now, they weren't sure if they could even tell Rick about the news. If they did, it would be almost entirely up to the Grimes' man.