𝐨𝐧𝐞.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

THE NEW WORLD ORDER
↳ chapter one

THE NEW WORLD ORDER↳ chapter one

"What're you supposed to be?"

Carl asked a young Madi, as she craned her neck to look at the growing boy, quite a few inches of height still lacking between the children.

She was dressed in a green, leafy dress, a set of matching flats on her feet with cotton balls on her toes; similar to Tinker Bell's signature outfit. Her dark brown hair was split into two long pigtails, the same fluffy, white balls glued onto her hairties.

"I'm a fairy." The girl declared, turning her back to him and pointing both of her thumbs behind herself; signaling to the fake wings on her back, "Duh."

Carl rolled his eyes at her usual sass and attitude, though a small smile was etched across his lips as he watched her twirl around dramatically to face him once again.

She was smirking proudly, obviously confident with her costume choice.

"Your dad said you were gonna be a witch." Carl remarked, recalling hearing their fathers talking on the phone earlier that day.

Madi crossed her arms, shrugging her shoulders. "Well, I changed my mind. Daddy helped me make this one today." She glanced across the yard and saw both Shane and Rick on the front porch, discussing quietly among themselves.

An expression of realization hit her face as she peered up at Carl once again, her lovely blue eyes squinted curiously. "What are you supposed to be?" She repeated his prior question.

The boy was dressed in an outfit similar to their fathers' work clothes, Rick's hat secured on his short, auburn hair. He grinned mischievously, "Guess."

Madi hummed in thought, tapping her tiny forefinger against her chin. "You're a cowboy." She declared, voicing her theory.

Carl's face scrunched up in surprise as he glanced down at himself. "No! How do I- I'm sheriff." He corrected her, taken aback by her false guess.

"Whatever you say, Cowboy." The young girl replied teasingly before walking off toward her father in steady, confident strides, her pigtails swinging behind her.

Madi's eyes flickered open, her peaceful dream ending as a loud knock pounded against her wooden door's exterior surface. She groaned at the familiar sound of Harvey's voice, her proclaimed 'right hand man', "Madi!"

The girl pulled herself up onto a sitting position on the cot that she'd laid upon the splintered floor, a groan leaving her lips. She rubbed her tired, blurry eyes, waking herself up.

It'd been about a year or so since Negan was imprisoned in Alexandria; since Madi left the community in order to continue Negan's legacy.

"Come in." She called to Harvey, giving him permission to enter her small, practically empty cabin.

There were few Saviors left; most of them had joined Rick and his people. But, those who remained loyal to Negan; they followed Madi Walsh. She'd left Alexandria, unable to find solace there, and led the remaining Saviors to safety.

They lived in an abandoned campground, each of them claiming a small cabin for themselves, or their family. They hadn't been bothered by Alexandria, or any of the other's connected to them. Though, Madi had a few run-ins with the groups every now and then, and she'd taken them out each time.

She planned to free Negan, with the help of their people. So, they trained daily for the execution of that plan. But, it'd taken so long because they'd been sidetracked. After the war, many of The Saviors were injured, and it'd already taken months for them to recover.

Harvey was a handsome man in his mid-twenties, with a head of short blonde hair. He was loyal to Madi, and he was a soldier; one that she considered trusted. He was good with the others as well, and often assured them of Madi's leadership and plans.

"I just got back from leading Mickey's group on that search. Alexandria, The Kingdom, Hilltop-- they're doing something." Harvey explained to Madi, speaking straight to the point; skipping a greeting.

Madi didn't say anything, instead she simply offered him an expectant look, causing him to continue, "They're in the process of rebuilding a bridge, it's only, like, seven miles from here." He claimed.

"Anything else?" She wondered.

"Yeah, actually.. There are a few Saviors helping out, working on construction."

The group seeked revenge on The Saviors who surrendered to Rick and his people. In fact, they'd killed nearly a dozen of them out of spite. Any chance to send the opposing communities a message was a chance that Madi would take.

Madi bit her inner cheek, nodding her head slowly as she processed and came up with a plan. Harvey watched curiously as she smiled up at him, "Take me there."

She stood up from her cot, slipping on an army green jacket and stepping into her combat boots. On her frail, thin legs, she wore a pair of jogger-cut khakis. In all, her appearance was similar to that of an actual soldier; from an army.

Harvey followed her out of her cabin, and immediately, she was confronted by a Savior, Jackie, who'd stepped in front of her. She looked concerned as she gazed down at the teen girl, a little boy clinging onto her leg, hiding behind her.

"Zachary is starving, Madi. The kids are hungry, and they're getting sick. Things were supposed to be good for us, like they were at The Sanctuary." Jackie complained about the well-being of her thin child, Zachary.

Madi's eyes softened, though Harvey's hardened as he ordered the woman to step back. But, Madi cut his words off before she reached out to the worried mother, "The kids are my priority. Zachary can have my rations for the next few days, I'll adjust. Now, I know things haven't been running as smoothly as before, but believe me, Jackie-- We're not losing anyone else."

Jackie was grateful as she smiled at the girl thankfully, watching as Madi ordered Harvey to give Zachary her food. And, once the boy was fed, Madi and Harvey left camp, heading outside, and to the construction sight.