𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

JUST SAY THAT YOU'RE HUMAN
↳ chapter fourteen

JUST SAY THAT YOU'RE HUMAN↳ chapter fourteen

"Turn here! Madi, turn-"

"Stop yelling!" Madi cut off the man beside her as she smoothly spun their vehicle's steering wheel, turning the car onto another dead, empty road. Her interruption wasn't an angry one, as she broke into a gentle laugh halfway through her words, finding it humorous that Negan was still so worried with her behind the wheel.

They'd been practicing her driving for over a year now, and she was finally tall enough that she was able to do it by herself; rather than sitting on his lap and only turning the wheels.

"I got it, see?" Madi declared proudly, visibly shaking off the tension in her shoulders, a wide smile spreading across her pink lips as she fixed her wheel's position, straightening the tires below them so they could keep moving directly forward.

She was totally lying.

The car was speeding as she stepped heavily on the gas pedal, partially on purpose; just to get a ride out of Negan. For the most part, that was working out quite well.

"Madi, slow down!" The man ordered her, even though his raised voice was hardly audible over the sound of the car's roaring engine.

The young girl simply laughed as he dramatically complained about her hectic speed, and when his yelling seemed to actually get serious, Madi began to slow down just a bit.

She was still giggling as the man loudly caught his breath, each of them remaining light-hearted. "I think I just shit myself." Negan gasped, a hand clutching his chest as his back sunk further into the car seat behind him. Madi chuckled sweetly, like the little girl she was.

"Oh, yeah?" She questioned through laughter, a single eyebrow cocking up as she peered over at him. Negan went to respond when a loud noise caught their attention.

And suddenly, the roles were reversed. Negan was in the driver's seat as Madi rode shotgun. They were driving even faster than Madi had been going, and she had to hold onto the dashboard to keep from falling back.

It all felt so familiar, as the brunette girl took her eyes off of a cursing Negan and glanced over her carseat, her glossy blue eyes catching sight of Rick Grimes as he drove a large car, speeding after them.

Lydia had heard Madi whimper in her sleep, and she'd pulled the shorter girl into her arms. She was seated against a tree trunk inside of the whisperers' campground, and Madi Walsh was in her arms, her head pressed against Lydia's chest as she slept awkwardly, the upper half of her boy folded onto Lydia as her lower half remained on the forestfloor.