two

corbyn swung his backpack over his shoulder and headed towards the school's doors. he didn't bother holding it open for the two sophomores walking behind him as he left.

on the walk home, he kept his head low and his eyes on his phone to avoid any communication between anyone, even if it was just a polite greeting.

he kept walking for another five minutes before appearing before the home he'd rented from a homeowner just a few days before. it wasn't perfect but it was enough for him to survive in before he would have to move again to avoid being caught easily.

once he got inside, he walked to the living room and slouched on the couch, turning on the tv. he didn't care what was playing and decided to take a nap before hearing it was the nightly news channel.

"hello, and good evening," the news reporter greeted.

corbyn laid on the couch and listened to the tv while staring the the blank ceiling above him.

"tonight we have more news on the ongoing investigation of the 'sweet caroline killings' stringing around virginia. another murder has been since reported by authorities just this morning, charles?"

the tv then panned over to a crime scene with another reporter standing in front of the police tape. corbyn looked over and sat up on the couch, turning up the volume.

"yes, thank you, crystal. another murder has been committed by the 'sweet caroline murderer.' the victim, who has yet to be identified, was found dead in this alleyway right outside a bar. it is said he was about to leave and go home when the murder presumably happened. and, like all his murders have been committed, the once famous now eerily song 'sweet caroline' played on the young man's phone before he was found by a barista heading home after her shift."

corbyn chuckled and continued watching the report.

"the sweet caroline murderer is still at large. we urge all virginians to follow with the 8pm curfew rule announced by the governor until further notice. we advise all to stay safe and we all pray and hope that all this will end and the killer will face his consequences."

corbyn turned off the tv and laughed to himself. virginia didn't have to worry anymore, now it was ohio's turn. however, a specific person was already in mind for him.

he got out his phone and went to google. he looked up maisie podraza to see if he could find her on any social medias. instead of her socials coming up, news articles popped up instead.

'double murder committed, killer still at large'

'surviving victim, maisie podraza, 6, traumatized at death of parents'

'orphaned, maise podraza, potential victim for killer on the loose?'

corbyn read through all the articles revolving around maisie. he learned her parents were brutally murdered while she only survived by hiding in her closet. his desire to pin maisie to become his next victim grew more and more from reading article after article. he became infatuated by her dark past, learning she wasn't as innocent as she looked on the outside.

as corbyn laid back down, he closed his eyes and reminisced about his ex girlfriend.

matthew had invited his girlfriend, christina, over to his apartment for a date.

although, that's not what was going to go down that night.

matthew turned on his speaker on a low volume, dimmed the lights, and closed the sheer curtains. he lit up the candles and placed a bottle of wine on the table, two glasses on either side.