four

corbyn and maisie sat closely next to each other in the kitchen table. books, papers, and pencils were sprawled all over the countertop, their backpacks thrown to the ground. a bowl of grapes sat between the two as maisie helped corbyn with his homework.

"and that's how you do this problem, for try for yourself," maisie told corbyn.

corbyn pretended to be confused on some parts but ultimately solved the problem correctly. maisie smiled at his accomplishment as corbyn shook off in his head how easy it was to be dumb.

daniel walked down the stairs from his room to grab a snack. he heard laughter in the kitchen and forgot maisie was tutoring corbyn.

as he peered around the corner, he saw the close proximity maisie and corbyn were in. he began to feel jealous and replaced. maisie was his number one and daniel was hers. even though they were just being friendly, daniel still couldn't stop overthinking.

he shook off his jealousy and walked into the kitchen, going over to the fridge to grab an apple.

"dani can you get me a glass of water please?" maisie asked politely.

even though daniel wanted to be mad at maisie and give her the silent treatment, he couldn't hold it that long, especially against his best friend. he gave her a small smile and poured the pitcher of water into the glass, handing it to maisie.

"thank you," she replied as daniel walked away.

before he made his way upstairs, he heard maisie say she was going to use the restroom. once she walked into the foyer were daniel was, daniel pulled her aside before she could make her way to the bathroom door.

"daniel, what are you doing? i need to pee," she whined, giggling.

daniel looked down at maisie. "when are you and corbyn gonna be done? i'm bored."

maisie noticed daniel's tone, she could practically hear the hint of annoy that was in his voice. she scoffed and looked up at him.

"you're being irrational, daniel. i'm just being a good person and helping corbyn with his work. i'll be done soon, so stop acting up, okay?"

maisie left and walked upstairs to use the one in her room, daniel stood defeated.

thinking they were quiet, corbyn could hear the two arguing and eavesdropped on their whole conversation. he rolled his eyes at daniel's remarks, he figured he was going to be a problem in his plan. but seeing as thought maisie relied on him, he decided to just spare the boy.

maisie walked downstairs and back to the kitchen. she sat right next to corbyn who had put his airpods in and hummed a familiar tune.

she listened for a few more seconds before feeling her stomach turn. does he not know about the sweet caroline killer? she questioned.

she told herself to stop overthinking and lightly tapped on corbyn's shoulder.

he looked over and took out his airpods and setting his phone down, making it turn on automatically. maisie glanced at it and saw sweet caroline on the screen. she looked back quickly and gestured back to their work, immediately forgetting about the incident seconds later.

! an !

these posts are just fillers but stuff is about to change real quick