eleven

corbyn packed at the last minute since he didn't have much clothes and he didn't really care what kind of clothes to bring. he basically lived off sweatshirts and sweatpants.

he looked over to his bed and decided to pack the sweatshirt that hung from the bed post. as he went to fold it, he saw the pockets looked abnormally large.

he reached his hand in the pockets and found jonah's gloves, the ones he used to type jonah's 'suicide note' with.

corbyn rolled his eyes at himself for how he forgot to dispose of them. he took the pair and walked to his closet and stuffed them behind a drawer.

once he was done packing, he grabbed his keys and walked outside to his car. corbyn threw his backpack to the trunk of his car and got in. he drove over to the seavey's home and texted maisie that he was there.

once he looked up from his phone, he saw daniel hold open the door while maisie walked out, holding her backpack behind her. he got out and waited by the trunk.

keri and jeff walked out and gave maisie a hug. she hugged them back and hugged daniel too.

"get me something from the city," daniel told maisie.

"really? why?" maisie asked, curious.

daniel shrugged his shoulders. "i don't know, just get me something. i don't care, it can be a piece of trash you find on the subway and i'd cherish it forever."

maisie rolled her eyes before adjusting her backpack. "okay, i'll get you guys something. i'll see you guys in a couple of days!"

maisie waved at the seavey's who saved back. she walked over to corbyn who took her backpack and placed it in the back before the two got in the front, waving at daniel and his family on the porch.

while on the drive, corbyn and maisie talked about random stuff. they also sang to songs that played on the radio and corbyn answered maisie's questions about new york city.

"we're gonna see a broadway musical by the way. do you like aladdin?" corbyn asked.

maisie practically jumped in her seat and looked over at corbyn. "are you kidding me? that's like my favorite disney movie, i love it so much. im gonna play that soundtrack right now."

corbyn chuckled as he watched maisie belt at all the songs especially 'friend like me.' they sang 'part of your world' together until maisie fell asleep.

as they were driving, corbyn decided to turn on the radio. a couple of songs played, awaking maisie, who kept her eyes closed in hopes of making her go to sleep again.

the radio station went back to airing music after about five minutes of advertising. a certain song played that made maisie tense.

where it began, i can't begin to knowing
but then i know it's growing strong
was in the spring
and spring became the summer
who'd have believed you'd come along

maisie felt uneasy as the song played but with her eyes still closed and trying to make herself fall asleep again, she could still hear it playing.

she was hoping corbyn would change the station but then she heard his voice.

"hands, touching hands reaching out, touching me, touching you," corbyn sang.

maisie thought back to the "sweet caroline killer." she wondered why corbyn still enjoyed the song even though it basically ruined 99% of the americans who used to love it.

"sweet caroline, bum, bum, bum, good times never seemed so good," corbyn continued.

eventually, maisie fell asleep again. however her dream was even more worse.

it was dark and cold. maisie didn't know where she was. she looked around. there was nothing. suddenly, a strong force gripped her neck. it forced her to the ground. maisie tried gripping what was choking her but felt nothing. tears began to shed but she didn't make a noise. she heard a gun cocking. maisie screamed but no noise came out. as she braced herself for what was about to come, she felt herself being shaken.

"maisie, wake up, we're here," corbyn said.

maisie looked around and saw she was in a parking garage. she calmed down, realizing it was only a dream. she took a few deep breaths before getting out of the carrying and stretching. corbyn took a picture of the pillar he parked next to so he knew what floor the car was on.

corbyn got out his and maisie's backpacks and they began to walk together upwards. as they kept walking, the bright lights, cars, and commotion came closer and closer.

maisie smiled as she got to the ground and looked in awe. corbyn smiled and followed maisie as she skipped around the city.

"it's so beautiful here," maisie smiled.

corbyn caught up with maisie and held out his phone which was open to a gps. "we're gonna go grab some dinner then go see aladdin. what do you feel like eating?"

"hmm, pho. i haven't had pho in a while," maisie replied.

corbyn looke duo the nearest pho place. to their luck, it was close and they could just call a taxi to take them to broadway.

at the restaurant, maisie ordered for the two of them since corbyn had never had pho before. maisie practically gawked at corbyn when he had told her he'd never tried it before.

"it is the absolute best. you will love it."

corbyn nodded and looked at maisie. he caught himself thinking about their kiss. even thought he knew to through it aside, he was still curious about maisie.

"should we talk about it?" corbyn said.

"talk about what?" maisie asked as she looked up.

"the kiss."

maisie looked at corbyn. she felt her cheeks blush and she put her head down. she felt embarrassed that corbyn had brought it up. she didn't even know what to say, she was conflicted.

"let's not bring that up, okay? let's just leave it in the past," maisie bluntly replied.

corbyn, although he felt hurt but he didn't know why, nodded. their food came and the two ate in silence which made the dinner awkward.

as they finished, corbyn called a taxi. the taxi came and the two sat together in the back. it got only more awkward when the two didn't talk to one another as the driver's cultural music played in the background.