seventeen

corbyn and maisie walked hand in hand to their ap bio class together. they sat down in their assigned seats while the teacher took attendance of the class. the teacher cleared her throat to get all the students to stop talking.

"this weekend, you will be working on a project that is worth 10% of your grade. it's not a lot but it still counts towards your final grade in this class. you can choose any topic you'd like your project to be on whether it be evolution, genetics, anatomy or whatever but it must be completed and turned in by monday," the teacher spoke.

students groaned at the thought of a project being assigned on a weekend. some students weren't even paying attention at all.

"oh, and did i mention you'll be working in groups?"

students perked their heads up st the statement and looked around the room at their friends. maisie and daniel made eye contact with each other and smiled.

"and did i also mention that i assigned groups?" the teacher concluded.

the students rolled their eyes and let out sounds of frustration. the teacher scoffed and picked up a piece of paper and adjusted her glasses.

"here are your groups. payton, lea, and cj. nate, olivia, and alex. haley, grant, and robin. ben, cassandra, and troy. corbyn, maisie, and gavin. and lastly, daniel, zach, and jack. go find your group and discuss some topics and plans for your project."

the class congregated into their assigned groups. daniel and maisie were sad that they couldn't be in a group together but she was happy that she and her smart boyfriend were paired together.

"okay, how about we do anatomy? it's the easiest and i know my older sister did a project on that and she can help. plus i still have the notes on anatomy at home," gavin told corbyn and maisie.

"yeah, that's a good idea. should we work at your house then?" maisie asked.

"sure, i'll text u guys my address."

maisie and gavin conversed on how they were going to sketch out their project, leaving corbyn out since he was a messy drawer. he decided he'd take some basic notes on anatomy that he remembered to help throw out some ideas.

daniel, zach, and jack sat near corbyn's group and were discussing their project too.

"since maisie will work at gavin's house, we can work at mine. so is evolution a good topic we can do?" daniel asked.

jack and zach nodded while they listened. "what time should we be at your house by?" zach asked.

"6 o'clock is fine."

corbyn listened in, hearing what time jack and zach would be going to daniel's. he smirked to himself.

-

maisie, corbyn, and gavin all went to gavin's house straight after school. they began working on the project right when they got to his home. since corbyn had already mapped out all the information and just needed to type and print it while gavin and maisie worked on making the poster pretty, the trio was already done with their project.

it was around 7 o'clock when they finished. gavin placed the poster on his bed and waved goodbye to maisie and corbyn when they left his house.

corbyn walked maisie back to her home where they stopped on maisie's front steps.

"want to come inside?" she asked her boyfriend.

corbyn pursed his lips and shook his head. "i'd love to but i have to makeup this assignment for my government class, sorry mase."

maisie nodded and kissed her boyfriend before walking inside. she opened the door to find daniel, zach, and jack working on their project in the living room. the three looked up and saw maisie walk in while corbyn was up against the wall by the door.

he peered in through the window and saw jack and zach. he smiled and began walking to the front yard where he hid behind a large tree and awaited jack and zach's dismissal.