eighteen

at around 9 o'clock, jack and zach left daniel's house. corbyn stood behind the tree trunk and watched the two walk along the sidewalk. corbyn grabbed his bandana accessory that was wrapped around his leg and tied it on his face, using it as a mask.

once he had gotten it on, he walked quietly about ten feet behind the two boys. they were both headed home and unaware of the strange figure following closely behind.

once corbyn had gotten closer, he quickly reached for jack and pushed him away. zach saw jack fall and looked towards the tall figure. he raised his fist but was stopped unexpectedly. corbyn gripped zach's wrist and pushed him to the ground, knocking him out immediately.

jack sat up and saw zach laying on the ground. he looked to the tall figure and stood up before throwing a punch to corbyn's covered jaw.

corbyn tripped backwards but kept his stance. he put his hands up and started throwing multiple combinations to jack, making him weaker.

jack did the same and hit corbyn but not as strong. he was beginning to feel weak fighting the tall figure. he glanced at zach and continued to keep fighting, this time punching a powerful fist to corbyn's stomach.

corbyn fell back, feeling the air being knocked out of him. jack stood above corbyn and was ready to knock out corbyn once and for all.

corbyn looked to his right and grabbed a rock. before jack could land his last punch, corbyn hit jack over the head with the rock, knocking him to the ground right next to him.

corbyn breathed heavily and chucked the rock into the forest. he sat up and looked at the two boys.

in the dark, he couldn't see their chests moving. their eyelids stayed shut and both had large cuts on their heads, blood bleeding from it.

corbyn smirked to himself, believing he had killed them once and for all.

corbyn picked up each of the boy's legs and started dragging them further into the woods. he took deep breaths as he pulled them into the dark forest. the only sounds heard was corbyn heavily breathing and the rustle of the leaves on the ground whilst corbyn dragged the bodies.

zach carefully opened opened his eyelids, wondering what was happening. he felt himself being dragged, his back was starting to get irritated, and he felt a sharp pain in the back of his head. he focused his eyes to his foot where he has a tall figure gripping his heel and walking ahead.

zach wanted to scream for help but he couldn't. he assumed whoever was dragging him assumed he was dead so he decided to stay that way. zach looked over to his left and saw jack also being dragged too. but he wasn't awake.

zach started to cry silently but he couldn't let whoever was pulling him and jack hear him. if things couldn't get worse, the tall figure started humming.

zach became even more frightened. he recognized the tune so quickly, the lyrics playing along in his head made it even worse.

"good times never felt so good."

oh my god, it's the fucking sweet caroline killer, zach thought.

zach kept still and played dead, listening to the deafening hums of sweet caroline being sound from his lips.

zach felt the himself come to a halt and his foot being dropped. the figure dragging the two walked away, making ruffle noises from the leaves on the ground.

zach heard his steps retreat and get quieter and farther. he was still humming the song while he walked away. once zach figured he was gone, he opened his eyes.

the figure was walking away, and zach watched until he could no longer see it.

too scared to yell for help and too weak to even get up, zach laid on the ground, helplessly.

double update since i was feeling motivated to write lol