five

much to corbyn's dismay, maisie couldn't make it to first period due to a dentist appointment. he walked into class and sat quietly at the front, going on his phone while waiting for class to start.

towards the back of the classroom sat jonah, jack, and zach. thought jack and zach were only juniors and jonah was a senior, they were still a tight group of friends and had been like that since forever.

what had also seemed like forever was jonah's obsession with maisie. she had intrigued him ever since freshmen year but she never seemed to care about the boy. however, jonah was still determined to get what he wanted from her.

and something about jonah, he always gets what he wants.

"too bad your 'girlfriend' isn't here," jack joked while placing air quotes around the word girlfriend.

zach chuckled and nudged jack's shoulder. jonah rolled his eyes at the two, questioning his friendship with them.

"it's almost the end of high school and you're still obsessed with her. you'll never hookup with her by the end of the year," zach spoke, shaking his head.

"yeah, i will, watch me. just because it's senior year doesn't mean i'm still holding up to it," jonah stated proudly.

corbyn's ears perked up at the sound of the three boys talking about maisie. he pretended to be occupied on his phone while secretly listening to the boy's conversation.

"i propose a bet for you. $50 if you hookup with her by the end of the school year," jack told jonah.

jonah thought about it before a thought came to his head. "$80 if i get her to hookuo with me this friday."

"this friday?" zach questioned.

"yeah, i'll host a party, invite a bunch of random people including maisie, and get her drunk enough to have sex with me," jonah said, proudly.

"alright, man. you got a deal."

jack and jonah shook hands while zach laughed at them. jonah pulled out his phone and began texting a bunch of people, their heads moving up to give jonah a thumbs up that they'd be going.

"maisie's coming," jonah smirked as he placed his phone down on the desk.

corbyn rolled his eyes at the tall brunette. he was getting in the way of corbyn's plan with maisie. any interference would make his plan go to shreds and he'd be caught by the police. they had already found christina's body and the news talked of the new report last night.

corbyn thought in order to prevent his plan from failing, he'd need to get rid of jonah. for good. he devised a plan, he'd attend jonah's party and kill him there. he didn't know how and where exactly so he wouldn't be caught but he had a good plan going.

he turned around to glance at the tall brunette. even though he'd be killing him, he deserved it either way for attempting to rape a drunk girl. the teacher called out for everyone to put their phones away and pay attention to the front board.

-

maisie made it back to school by 2nd period and was not eating lunch with daniel. maisie wanted to invite corbyn to sit with her and daniel at their table but the lonesome faux blond was nowhere so be seen.

"did you hear about the party jonah's throwing this friday?" maisie asked her friend.

"yeah, igot an invite too, why?"

"i wanna go to it," maisie confessed.

daniel was stunned and turned to face maisie. "really? but you're not much of a party person. and throughout all of high school whenever you got an invite you always turned it down."

"well, it's senior year. it's our last year of high school, dani. mind as well be a high schooler and do high schooler things. besides, it's just one party," she said.

daniel became skeptical. "are you sure? i heard his parties are dangerous. people smoke weed, do drugs, police was called over one time."

"i know, but you know me. i'd never do any of that. besides, i'm just there to have a good time. if you don't want to party with me, you can at least just come to supervise me so i don't do anything i regret. besides, you're invited too."

daniel thought about it for a moment before sighing and giving in. "okay, we'll go."

maisie smiled and went back to eating her lunch.