twenty three

2 years later

corbyn sat across the table.

he fidgeted with his fingers.

his foot made a repetitive tap against the floor.

the room was bright and big.

the walls were white.

the table, though silver, was cleaned to a shine.

the window on his left showed no smudges.

and the door to the front of the room as well was painted white.

he took a deep breath before hearing the painted white door open.

two security guards and two police men walked through.

the rattle of chains were heard as they stepped into the room.

his eyes glared deeply into corbyn's.

he was guided to the chair and handcuffed to the railing attached to the table. his feet were chained to the ground as well.

"ten minutes," the security guard said.

he, his colleague, and the two police officers left, leaving the handcuffed boy and corbyn alone.

"you fucking son of a bitch," the chained boy spat.

corbyn laughed, "you should at least be glad you have a visitor."

"why are you even here? i can't stand seeing your fucking face," daniel scoffed.

"just wanted to see how you were doing. been a rough year, eh?"

daniel pulled at his restraints and corbyn laughed at his struggle. "quit it or the guards will cut our meeting short."

daniel frowned at corbyn, "i'm gonna get out of here, besson. i'm gonna expose the truth. you will not get away."

corbyn chuckled and leaned in his chair, "good luck, seavey." corbyn leaned in closer to daniel and whispered, "everything all just so happens to lead back to you. i played my cards right."

corbyn stood up and started heading for the door. daniel spoke, "maisie most definitely wishes you the worst, even if she's not here to tell it to your fucking face."

corbyn froze. he turned around and walked back towards daniel and punched him in the jaw.

the two guards came back and pulled corbyn away. it was daniel's turn to laugh.

"you're a fucking pussy, corbyn. rot in hell! just like what maisie told you!"

the guards escorted corbyn back to the waiting room of the sanitarium. "are you okay, sir?" one guard asked.

corbyn nodded, "make sure that sick bastard rots in here."

corbyn exited the building and headed back to his car. he got in and drove for a couple minutes before parking again in a cemetery.

he got out and walked through the rows of tombstones before stopping in front of one. he knelt down to it and caressed the stone writing.

maisie podraza

devoted daughter and friend
loved by all

april 4, 2000 - june 12, 2018

"i love you, maisie," corbyn spoke softly.

he touched the new york city skyline necklace corbyn bought for her that was now clasped around his neck. he looked down before kissing his fingers and laying it atop of her engraved name.

"i'm sorry."

this is the end of sweet caroline!

this was definitely one of my favorite books to write. i hope u all loved this as much as i did :))

i'm beginning another book soon, a jonah book, so be on the lookout for that!

ily all <3