8. Dinner

(I know Kakyoin isn't actually on a bed in the series but it's just plot convince AAA)

You were currently sitting at the kitchen table with the group, Holly happily serving everyone. You agreed to help her with dishes afterwards, even if she was too nice to take the offer up at first. You were seated in front of Mr. Joestar, across from Avdol and Mrs. Kujo and next to Jotaro. The seat at the end of the table to your left was empty.

"Food's here!" Holly cheered as she gave the plates out with your favorite food. How did she know??? You noticed that after she served all five of us, there was an extra dish on a tray, that means- "(Y/N), would you be a sweetheart and carry this to Kakyoin?"

Your eyes widened. You thought that she and Mr. Joestar were trying to prevent you from going to his room, thinking it'd be better for his health. "A-Are you sure?" You stuttered out.

"Of course! Just hurry back so that the food doesn't get cold," Holly beamed, receiving a strange look from Mr. Joestar. He ended up letting you go. "Oh, and his room is just down the hall, to the left and it's the first door there." She directed, you grinned in response.

You carefully grabbed the tray, and gently make your way out the door, but not before Jotaro stared at you. You ignored it and started down the hall, remaining careful as to not drop anything. You're doing fine, (Y/N). Just don't drop anything...

You neared Noriaki's door. Taking a deep breath, you knocked on the sliding door, making sure to grip the tray with one hand so it wouldn't fall.

"Come in," Noriaki's soft voice spoke through. You slid the door open to see Noriaki, propped up on a few pillows on a bed reading a book. He was bandaged up in a few places thanks to Holly, but the wounds under would most likely heal soon. He put his book down on the table nearby and smiled as he saw your figure carry the tray.

"Hey," You calmly said, trying to be too excited or you would drop the bitch in your hands. "Holly wanted me to give this to you." You said and as you bent down to give Noriaki the tray, it rested on his lap before he transported it to the table as to not cause any spills.

"Thank you, (Y/N)." He beamed. You felt inclined to speak up, to talk, but your mind went blank. Weird.

Deciding it was for the best, you thought maybe he did need time to himself so you were about to exit the room before Noriaki called your name out.

"(Y/N)?"

You turned around to look at him. "Yeah?" You replied, holding onto the sliding door.

"Can you come over here, please?" He answered. You complied, walked over, and sat on the edge of the bed. You faced him. His eyes still tired, hair a little messy, eyes somewhat dull...

"I'm so sorry," He finally spoke out after looking at you for what felt like so long. "I-I really am, you've probably been mad at me for the longest time now that you've had the time to think about it."

You looked down the the bed blankets. Were you still mad? You felt like you should be, but it wasn't his fault. Maybe you could've still been mad at the reason, but after a while, you just kinda grew accustomed to it. Like you didn't feel anything when you were supposed to.

"I'm...not mad." You thought before saying. "I don't know what I feel. I don't think I felt anything after you left." You really contemplated. "I felt more today than I ever did in two years now that I think of it." You finish, realizing how miserable your life was without Noriaki. You knew that for sure, but you didn't know it was this bad.

He looks down. Maybe he felt the same. "I...know how you feel. I felt nearly the same, reverting back to how it felt not having anyone before I met you. The memories of you were really the only thing keeping me going. I then got brainwashed by Dio around three months ago. It disgusts me so much, but even if he was evil, I felt happy to swear loyalty to him. Ever since then, I carried around the goal of killing Jotaro, not thinking about anything else. If I'm truly being honest, it's better to feel nothing at all than to feel only for Dio." Noriaki monologued.

You felt everything break at his words. You wanted to cry again, hearing all he's been through, way worse than what you experienced. "Noriaki, I-" He grabbed your face to kiss you. Even if it was a little sloppy, you eventually cooperated. His fingers started entangling themselves in your hair as your hands laid on his chest.

You wanted it to last forever, but two needed to breath, causing the end of your moment of euphoria. You looked at him, cheeks red and lips wet. "Don't feel bad for me." He spoke up, how could- "As long as you're here, I couldn't care about anything else."

You grinned at him with teary eyes. How lucky you were for someone like him to love you so...