Hospital

Recap:

Levi what's wrong"? He looked at me and his eyes were gray again. I thought it was his Ex girlfriend that called him and made him upset. He took a deep shaky breath. I was confused until he told me. "Zayn just got into a wreck. He is in the hospital right now"... WHAT?!?! "We have to get to the hospital now" I said really fast. I grabbed his hand and ran downstairs. We got into his Corvette and drove off.

Chapter 11 ~ Hospital

Nikki's POV

We got to the hospital and Levi jumped out of the car and ran off before I could even get out. I ran to catch up with him and we got in and ran to a lady with red hair and brown eyes. "What room is Zayn Smith in"? Levi said it so fast I could barely understand him. I'm surprised that the lady could comprehend what he said. "He is in room 285, 3rd floor". He ran to the elevator and rapidly pressed the UP button. I grab his hand and say "Levi, I know he got into a wreck but please calm down a little". I kissed him on the lips and then the elevator opened. I grabbed his hand while we waited in the elevator. It seemed like forever but the door finally opened and we both started to run. We found the room and stop in front. I took a deep breath and looked at Levi. He nodded and I opened the door. I saw Zayn and I felt like I was gonna cry. He was in a coma, he had scratches on his face and stitches above his left eye. A doctor came in and checked on Zayn. "How bad is he injured doc"? Levi said. "Well, he broken 3 of his ribs, had a big gash on his right quadricep we had to put 17 stitches on that, he has major rode rash on his back and arm right arm, he broke his left arm so we put a cast on him, and as you can tell he had to have stitches above his forehead". The doctor explained to us. I looked at Levi and I saw his eyes filling up with tears. I hugged his and I tried to let go but Levi wouldn't let me go. "Levi I need you to let go of me I have to ask the doctor something". He slowly let go of me and looked down like he was embarrassed. I grabbed his hand to show him that it was okay and asked the doctor "how long do you think Zayn will be in a coma"? He looked at me with sad eyes and said "we don't know yet. It could be days, weeks, or months". I started to cry and Levi hugged me and lead me to sit on the rock hard chair. The doctor headed out and Levi sat down next to me and put his arm around me. I laid my head on his shoulder. He took out his phone and Carmen texted him saying that she'll be there in a few minutes. I got up and wiped my eyes. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My hair was all messed up. I combed my hair with my fingers. I heard the door open and feet run in. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Carmen crying beside Zayn and the rest of the family watching. Well the little kids weren't there and Vincent wasn't there either. I guess he was watching the kiddies. I sighed and went over to her. I put my hand on he shoulder. She looked at me and I said "I'm really sorry Carmen". She nodded and sat down next to Levi. All of the family member stood there for hours waiting. "Nikki and I are going to stay here and watch out for Zayn. Mom you have to go to work tomorrow and so does dad. Brothers don't worry I'll watch him. Y'all can go home too". Levi said. They all nodded. Carmen brought us a light blanket from her car. When they all left and I sighed. Levi's arm went around my waist and I laid my head on his shoulder again. I guess we both went to sleep because the next thing I know is the room door opening. I look up to see Vincent coming in. Levi was still asleep so I slowly moved away. He sat by Zayn and just stared at him. "I know you and Levi are dating Nikki". He said still looking at Zayn. "What? How do you know"? I questioned. "Because I'm his brother. I know everything about him". He stated. "Well I know that" I rolled my eyes. He got up and sighed and walked out. I waited for a minute and got up sat next to Zayn. I grabbed his hand and I could hear his heart monitor speed up. I let go and and started to talk. "Zayn I don't know if you can hear me but I'm sorry that this happened to you. Whatever made you mad yesterday I hope it gets fixed". I stared at him and all I saw was his chest moving in a up and down in a steady motion. I went back to Levi and kissed his cheek and sat down. He sure is a heavy sleeper. I took some of the blankets and soon fell asleep.

~*Flashback*~

Mom and I were sitting at a red light singing the music on the radio. The radio sound was soft so we could hear each other. I loved my mommies voice, it reminded me of an angel! I was looking at the cars pass by and I heard my mom say "hold on baby". I was about to ask her why when a massive hit come from the back. A big truck had hit us. It wasn't a semi just a big truck. He hit us so hard that our car was now in the middle of the busy intersection. I could see a car coming towards mommy. "Mommy there's another car. Get out of the road". I was crying. "Baby I can't. I love you Marshmallow". I saw a pair a of blinding head lights and I could tell he was gonna T-bone us. "I love you too Mom". And I grabbed her hand

~*End of Flashback*~

I woke up really fast and I could tell I was crying in my sleep. Levi is still asleep! I laugh a little and get up. I see a bag and open it. It has mine and Levi things. Vincent must have brought it in when he came. I grabbed my brush, toothbrush, and some clothes and went to the bathroom. Thank goodness Carmen knows what to pick out. She got me black sweatpants, a white tank top, and I just stole Levi's black Nike hoodie that said 'Just Do It' in white bold letters. I went down to the cafe to get me something to eat. I got me so banana bread and got Levi a blue berry muffin. I went to the cashier and didn't notice who it was until she turned around. "Krista"? she looked at me and smiled and the frowned. "Hey Nikki. Why are you here"? "One of the Smith boys got in a wreck and he is in a coma". She gasped and asked which one. I said Zayn and she gave me an 'oh' look. "I didn't know you work here though" I said. "I volunteer here". I nodded. "Text me sometime. I have to get back" I said. She nodded and I walked back to the room. Levi was still asleep. I shake my head and walk over to him. "Levi wake up" I said. He didn't wake so I went to the bathroom and got some cold water. I came back and threw it on him. He jumped up and was about to scream when I stopped him by kissing him. "Geez women. You didn't have to do that"! "Well what was I supposed to do? You are a heavy sleeper. Now get dressed I want to walk around the city. Please"? He nodded and went to the bathroom