VEINTE

20 // THE TRUTH = LA VERDAD

"it hurts. what the fuck!"

Farah feels the needle dig into her skin and immediately, she screams out. she's aware of the Spanish tattoo artist clicking his tongue in impatience as he waits for her to calm down.

her coffee eyes widen in agony and surprise, glaring at Taehyung who's biting his lip edgily. she could only focus on the brutal pain but now, when her gaze falls on oblivious Taehyung, she remembers he's right here with her. he looks back at her with a confused expression, brows raising as he moves forward when he realises his ex lover needs him.

"just hold onto me." Taehyung murmurs and brings his leather stool closer. he watches Farah grasp his hand, tugging him even closer. he feels needed and it's electrifying.

as the artist continues to tattoo the same, ebony design of their book title on her arm too, Farah clenches her eyes shut. the same design will be in the same bodily place on Taehyung. remember. this will unite them always, even when the world stops doing so. she stops herself from screaming pathetically and decides to get it over and done with, encompass the pain and hold onto Taehyung's warm hand.

his grasp is persistent, slender fingers interlocked and Farah can't help but bring his hand up to her mouth. she bites down on his hand, at a place it won't hurt him and not as harshly. she knows they'll look back at this moment and laugh whilst crying.

she opens her eyes just to see Taehyung's reaction to her queer reaction. it makes her burst into laughter when he screams, "oh my god woman!" Taehyung's wakeful eyes flash, letting her do as she pleases. "chill. just breathe." he soothes her.

an hour passes and Taehyung and Farah finally walk out of the tattoo parlour. they had done it so spontaneously. there's silence between them as they walk beside each other, elbows brushing. Farah gazes down, admiring the first tattoo on her body. it's permanence illuminates as she strokes the tattoo with her finger delicately.

"it's beautiful." Farah sighs, feeling ticklish at her own touch. "thank you."

"for what?" Taehyung focuses his entire attention on Farah. she notices it which is why she blushes.

Farah gulps and tries not to be emotional. spending so much time with Taehyung after years apart has changed her. "for urm... holding my hand." she wraps the plaster around her tattoo again, focusing on the path ahead. it's curved, filled with greenery on either side as they make their way anywhere.

"you bit my hand. you're crazy."

Farah pushes him playfully. "did you just label me?"

Taehyung's mouth falls open, smile hinting over his features. it's a beautiful thing when he tries to hold back his smile. "you're the one who labelled me imbecile, you hypocrite!" he gasps, watching her as she walks ahead of him and he hurries his steps.

"right then, you," Farah grins, their fronts facing each other as she pushes his chest gleefully. she takes a step back. "i'm off to enjoy my last day in Spain by myself now." she mentions.

Taehyung tilts his head, one hand tucked into the pocket of his beige trousers. a belt is tightened around his waist and the sunglasses on his face brings the whole outfit together. "is my presence that much for you?" he asks, teasing her as his eyes observe.

"i love your presence but i want to be on my own for the last day."

that's understandable, Taehyung thinks and nods. he makes sure to reassure her he'll be fine. "before you go," he mentions, making oblivious Farah turn around. the plaster on her arm makes his heart inflate with affection, he'd let her step on his heart and soul any time of any day. "i want to give you something." his throat feels tight now, his breathing becoming uneven.