#2 bonus

can't stop myself from coming back to write about them :") just a little something i wrote for my poetry account (instagram: @ ahsiawriting)

//

"you knew i needed saving didn't you?" he scoffs, smile taking over his face in a mocking way. his tone is harsh and she's glad she can finally see through the cold exterior, that in fact, he's just as angry at the world as she is. she sees cruelty in his charming, close lipped smile yet her fingers ache to follow along the curves on either side of his lips, follow his smile and smile too. she wants to be the better reflection even, compete against the man that he is.

"i knew you needed saving," their faces are so close, breaths mixing as she stares sternly into chocolate eyes that hold ebony darkness that he never let her get engulfed by. "but why would i?" she leans further in, intimidating him before moving away with fury.

"i swore to myself i would never save you..." she turns her back, walking back and forth in a short line. she is the saving type but knows better not to. "no i wouldn't," she mutters under her breath, eyebrows scrunching together as tears threaten to fall from her eyes. control, is there such thing? "because the only person who could save you was your god damn self!"

//

"i wish i could hate you," she places her elbows on her scratched knees as she looks at him from across the room. there's intimacy. "but it's so hard to hate you." her quiet voice breaks, lips quivering when she looks at the boy she once called the love of her life. even in this moment, he still looks and acts like him, the him she misses and the him she wishes she could come back to. but no, never again. not this time.

"yet it's so easy to love you."

"it's so hard to hate you," she repeats, hoping it would make a difference but it doesn't. it however resounds in his ears, making him flinch. he likes hearing her thoughts about him, likes being told about the things he can't see. "i only ever hated you for a month you know? it sounds so long but it was so short. you told me what we had wasn't real and i knew you were lying. it hurt so much, that one line damaged me and the pain i felt, that kind of pain... i."

she pushes her hands up her face, dragging her skin as tears now fall from her bronze eyes. he sees her beautifully, even with tears streaming down her face and god, she's crying because of him, because of their story. "i knew you were trying to make things easier and you know what, you did." she laughs. "but the anger subsided. why didn't i know that undeniable, easier hatred would be temporary?"

//

"i see all these people loving you," tears fall, one by one as she feels a panic attack coming along to join the pool of her emotions. "and i understand. i don't even know why because our love was so different. you can't compare it. our love differs from them, from all these people who talk about you. they see your charm and admirable words and they fall. they cry when you're not there and they rejoice when you are. i feel what they feel."

she places her hands on either side of his face then, pressing their foreheads together as she cries softly. his hands shake as he tries to hold her but he can't. he just can't. "but no one will ever talk about you the way i do. no one will remember you the way i do. no one will love you the way i did and still do. don't forget that."