#1 bonus

here is a symbolic, poetic, messy but much needed piece to show the importance of an object. there's a lot of meaning i hope you can grasp :)

//

Farah itches the back of her neck.

the female writer feels terrible, both physically and emotionally. her neck is on fire as it continues to redden, irritated skin coming to remind her of why she's going to see a health professional. even as she waits in the doctors waiting room, her hand can't help but reach up to scratch the back of her neck.

"Farah?"

"hi, yes. how are you?" red necked Farah sits down in the boring looking doctors office eagerly. she itches again briefly before meeting the eyes of the male professional that sits in front of her.

"what's the problem?"

"my neck is an itching mess. the back of it is all red and there's rashes too. i'm not sure-"

everything else blurs when Farah comes to the realisation on her own. she should've known what the cause was. "it seems like you've had a bad reaction to this piece of jewellery. this silver necklace around your neck, is it old?" in between slow nods and difficult breathing, she takes off the T necklace.

Farah barely nods and listens as she's given a cream to help with the red rashes. take care, quietly leaves her lips.

she walks along the desolated street after leaving the doctors office. she finds the nearest trash can and stands with a headache, a red neck and an itchy heart. she clutches the necklace and it digs into her skin. her neck itches.

she throws the necklace away.

"i hate you," she says and walks away.

Farah walks into a nearby store a few minutes later. she reaches the counter and speaks, "i'd like a silver necklace, one with the letter T please."

//

felt inspired i guess *shrugs*

also i found this and w o w

army is so talented :")