"jung jiwoo is back!"

two months later

"thanks, appa. i'll see you at home!"

"take care, take it easy!!"

i glanced at father for the last time before shutting the car door. i'm just here to clear my things and leave. i barely remember anything about this place. i looked up, to see my high school's name rising upon me.

i hung the other side of my backpack and made my way to the campus, attempting my best to regain as much memories i could before i go. i took out a stale notebook in my bag to search for my class. class 2-7. i began roaming around the school to search for the classroom. minutes passed, there it was.

however, a student tapped me from behind, "annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim, it's been awhile since we met. you must be wondering where your things are. it's in 3-7. your class. i'll bring you there,"

without hesitation, the girl grabbed my wrist and ran with me to class 3-7. i looked at her and smiled.

"here you go. have a nice day, sunbaenim!" the girl waved and ran back to her classroom. cute.

i entered the empty classroom, filled with only tables and chairs. it could have been my final year only if..

my eyes landed on a colourful table, bombarded with post-its. inch by inch, i moved forward to see the table that caught my eye.

'hang in there jiwoo!'

'we love you a lot <3'

's t a y s t r o n g l o v e'

'jiwoo, please wake up..'

'don't lose hope, jung jiwoo!'

a tear escaped my eye and it rolled down my cheek. i don't think that i've never received this much affection by my friends. on hindsight, the table on the other side of the room was filled with scribbles in black and red, along with some inappropriate gestures and drawings.

'jiwoo deserves to live, not you'

'what an irradical monster'

'half-sister? pft, more like half-monster'

it must have been eunji's table. i made my way to the back of the class to visit my locker for the last time, to vacate my items and leave the class. number fourteen, jung jiwoo.

i opened my locker hesitantly, to see a stack of cards, origamis and little notes of encouragement. i picked up a random card from the stash, and began reading the contents.

'dearest jiwoo,

i'm nothing without you.

i regret it, a lot.

i'm sorry.

it's hard without you.

wake up, please.

- jjh'

jjh? i digested the note, and scrutinised the initial. who is jjh? what? i began scanning the names displayed on my classmates' locker.

no, not her.

nope, not him.

not her either.

i stopped on my tracks, to find out who this mysterious 'jjh' was. 'jjh' is, jung jaehyun??

"JUNG! JI! WOO!"

my mind went blank. startled, i turned around, to see a cluster of students decked in their p.e uniform, all sweaty and sloppy.

"GUYS! JUNG JIWOO IS BACK!" a girl exclaimed in excitement.

the group ran to my direction and were cheering to their hearts' content, chanting my name with tears overflowing them.

"we heard it's your last day, and we thought we won't get to catch you again! let's all take a class picture," the same girl, who i assumed was the class president hugged me.

the girls began whipping out their mobiles and snapped photographs with me one by one. i smiled. this is how it feels being popular?

"guys, i'm sorry that i may not remember everyone of you. but, i'm here to apologise my past wrongdoings and i'm also here to thank you for everything that you've done to help me in this school in one way or another. i don't have much time left, but we can always keep in touch in the class chat! don't worry guys, i'll be fine. study hard, make me proud, okay?" i spoke up amidst the chaos in class, breaking a smile while conveying my well wishes.

'as expected of ms jung!'

'take care of yourself jiwoo!'

'if your half-sister hurts you, let us know!'

the boys began catcalling, whistling and cheekily laughed with the girls. with a heavy heart, i raised my hand for a wave before leaving the front door.

'jiwoo!'

i looked to the direction, 'jaehyun? you're here?'

'i heard that you're leaving. i'm sorry that i'm late,'

'it's fine. but, i didn't know that you're my classmate. you could have told me when we met the other time,' i giggled.

the class began going wild after seeing jaehyun and i. they massively cheered, with big smiles. what was happening?

'let's meet tomorrow, after school. let's grab coffee together at the café across campus,' jaehyun smiled.

my classmates went awfully insane after jaehyun's sudden statement. their cheers were roaring loudly, and they annoyingly banged the class tables. but then, why would jaehyun do that? well. here goes nothing.

'sure. let's meet tomorrow,' i replied.

'i'll see you tomorrow then,' he whispered and returned to his seat, which was apparently beside mine.

'jung jaehyun be making moves!!'

'the two j's are back again! uwu my heart'

'whaaat? two j's? what's that?' i laughed.

'ahh it's ..'

'it's nothing' jaehyun interrupted.

jaehyun, just what are you up to?