epilogue

: three years later

dear jaehyun, 

it's been awhile, isn't it?

i hope you're coping well 

with everything.

i want to thank you,

for everything 

that you've done for me,

for appa, 

and for eomma.

nothing can repay your kindness

towards us, 

towards me.

stay safe, jaehyun.

i'll see you when i see you.

love, 

jiwoo.

he folded the letter and kept it in his jacket. he smiled softly. after everything that has happened, he was happy that she was still by his side. he was grateful for her. although he saved her multiple times, he still loves her unconditionally. 

he is now at the airport terminal, thinking what is next for him. thinking what is best for him to come. he looked down. he can't imagine what his future is gonna be like now. he waited patiently for what he was expecting, and see if it was all worth it after these years.

dearest jiwoo,

yes, it's been awhile.

i miss you so much, 

that my heart couldn't take it.

come back quick,

i really miss you.

i want to spend time with you,

just like the old times.

meet me soon.

promise me.

yours,

jaehyun.

she is now at the conveyor belt waiting for her baggage to reach her. the three years she spent her time abroad, she is now finally back in her hometown. she glanced at the letter one more time before keeping it away. she smiled. now that she's back, she can finally spend time with the person she loves the most.

"yes, appa. i'm back in korea. i'll see you shortly," she answered over the phone.

after claiming her baggage, she cleared the customs and proceeded to the arrival hall. she sighed in relief. she continued walking towards the exit of the airport when a voice of a man radiated in her ears.

"jiwoo," the voice called her softly.

she turned around. she was now facing a man, who she was familiar with. this man has a special place in her heart. they first met when they were sixteen. at twenty-four, they were still going strong although adversities crashed them like waves. tears filled her eyes as she wrapped her arms around him. he did the same too. he embraced her tightly, with red and sore eyes. 

"hello, my love," she whispered. 

he smiled through the hug that they shared. she was now in his arms, and there's nothing to lose now. they kept the hug for a good five minutes, not wanting to let go. tears then filled in his eyes too. he was thankful for her. he was thankful for everything.

"i love you, jiwoo," he replied her. 

then, he took her baggage on one hand while holding her hand in another, and walked out of the airport together hand in hand. 

she looked at him and can't help but smiling. he looked at her back and did the same. he can't believe he is now beside her, the girl he loves, and fell for at first sight.

"don't ever leave my side, again," he said as he kissed her forehead.

"i won't, jaehyun. i promise," she laughed.

deep down in both of their hearts, they knew they belonged to each other all along.

end.