"i'll make sure nothing happens"

"how is it possible? her sentence is like three years, right? how did she got out that easily?" jaehyun asked angrily.

i kept quiet for a bit. i felt shocked beyond words. i finally remembered what she did to me, and she is bound to make me suffer once she's home.

"the police called me and said that she was showing worrying symptoms of mental health and claimed that she can't stay for long, and probably they'll reduce her sentence and instead get her on probation," father sighed.

"get her to the mental institution instead. that'll be better," jaehyun muttered.

"jung jaehyun!" father and i shouted.

"what's gonna happen to jiwoo now? they'll be staying under one roof?" jaehyun asked.

"maybe? they both don't have a place to stay. they're still minors. let's see how it goes tomorrow. i'm going to the station tomorrow to settle the documents," father replied.

"jiwoo, don't worry. i'll make sure nothing happens to you, okay?" father patted my shoulder

"if she finds trouble, i'm here," jaehyun added.

"i..i'll get going first. goodbye, jaehyun. good night, appa," i bowed and left the dining table for my room.

i circled around my room endlessly. was i anxious? yes. was i unprepared? yes. i'm living with a criminal. how do i go about doing this? my head was a mess. sweat trickled down my forehead. shivers ran down my spine. there has to be a way.

the next morning, i was greeted my ms yoon, my step-mother and father. father, decked in a black suit, walked to the door. before he left, i grabbed a hold of him.

"appa," i called out.

"yes?" he turned around.

"take care. stay safe," i said while giving him a hug.

"you too," he smiled before leaving.

after that, i made my way back up to my room.

"not having breakfast?" ms yoon asked.

"no thanks, i'll eat later," i answered before making my way back up.

i lazed around in my room. i didn't have any plans today and i had nothing to do. as i was scrolling through social media, a soft 'ding' came out from my phone. it was jaehyun.

dimple boy <3

whatchu doinggg (sent 14:07)

lazing around . hbu ? (sent 14:08)

same , lmao xD (sent 14:08)

hey (sent 14:09)

what ? (sent 14:09)

wanna meet up ? little bored at home
(sent 14:10)

sure (sent 14:15)

see u outside your house in 5 . (sent 14:17)

i threw a hoodie on along with sweatpants and head out of the house. to my surprise, jaehyun was already there waiting for me.

"you said you'll reach in five minutes!" i exclaimed.

"i was already outside of the house, i was dying to see you," he winked.

"ew, stop being cheesy," i cringed.

"tsk, let's go," jaehyun held onto my hand and ran.

"where to?" i asked while catching up with him.

"to my hearttttt!" he said.

"jung jaehyun!" i laughed.

we ended up at an amusement park. don't ask me why. i was dragged there by that boy. well, i'm not really sure if he's 19 or 9.

"jung jiwoooooooooo," he called.

"what is it now dimple boy?" i replied.

"let's take a picture here. please?" he pouted.

"ugh, fine," i said.

he cheered gleefully with a big smile on his face. he grabbed my hand and placed his arm on my shoulder for a picture.

"smile!" he laughed.

i laughed at his innocence, and his charming, adorable personality. i've said it so many times. i think, i'm starting to fall for him.