"face your reality,"

"jaehyun. there's something i have to tell you," i muttered while constantly looking at eunji.

"mm go on, what is it?" he asked.

"i.. can't meet you anymore," i stammered as tears flowed down my face like a river.

"why? is there something wrong? " jaehyun asked worriedly.

"no, it's nothing. it's just me, i'll get going. bye," i replied.

before i could hang up the call, eunji threw my phone to the other side of the room.

"it's just me? aww such a hopeless jerk," eunji snickered.

"i've done what i needed to. let me go now," i cried while holding onto her arm.

"i told you, love. you can't act tough around me!" she exclaimed as she threw me to the cold hard floor.

i winced in pain. now i know, that there is no one that can save me from her. that monster who escaped from prison. that same monster, is the one who now shares the same father as me.

 i clutched my eyes tightly. this is where things are gonna end. i'll be suffering mercilessly alone in this cold room. i felt a foot landed on my stomach, the same place i remembered getting my stitches from the kick she previously gave. repeatedly, her foot landed on the same place. i threw my head back in defeat. eunji is indeed stronger than me and nothing can beat that.

come to your senses, jung jiwoo. get up, fight back. face your reality. 

i opened my eyes slightly to scan my surroundings on the floor. instantly, my eyes caught a piece of mysterious wooden plank under my bed. with all the strength i had, i extended my arm to my under bed to grab a hold of the wooden plank. i eyed at eunji's ankle area. 

i inhaled unsteadily. i. can. do. this.

pang

eunji was now on the floor while her pocket knife flew away from her. i stood up and checked on her. immediately, i ran to my phone to see that the phone call with jaehyun was still ongoing. he must have heard everything. i quickly switched on the speaker

"you piece of -" eunji shouted as she charged from behind.

i turned around and clinched on eunji's wrist. she grunted as she tried to release from my grip.

"you know, if you treated jaehyun right previously and mind your own business, none of these would have happened. you didn't like jaehyun back then. so, why come back for him?" i looked at eunji maliciously. 

"isn't it obvious? i'm getting rid of you. i can't stand to see you happy!" eunji replied apprehensively.

"until you had to fake your condition? oh my, if i turn you in one more time, your sentence is longer. you know that right," i claimed as i tightened onto my grip.

"yes, i faked my condition! now, there's only one way to not make it spread. i'm getting rid of you, forever," eunji snickered.

"jung jaehyun!" i screamed. 

idiotically, eunji turned around to face the entrance, thinking jaehyun was there to save her. i took my chance and smacked her with the wooden plank one more time. 

"you heard that right?!" i shouted over the phone.

"jung jiwoo!" eunji cried.

without hesitating, eunji's arm swung and a tight slap reached my face causing me to fall on the floor. eunji frantically searched for the knife in my room and attempted to attack me. at the same time, the room door blasted open. before eunji could do anything, people began bombarding my room, the cops were there. so were my step-mother, father, and jung jaehyun. 

"yes, jiwoo. i heard you," jaehyun muttered, still holding onto his phone with the ongoing call. 

everything came to a blur. "i didn't do this, i'm coming back for you. watch it," was all i faintly heard from eunji. 

jaehyun and father came to my aid, everything started becoming heavy.

 i gave them a weak smile before everything faded into black.