PROLOGUE

LAUREN Michelle Jauregui is the heiress of Jauregui Care Institute. She had a bestfriend name Dinah Jane Hansen since highschool, they remain friends though they took medical course separatedly because Dinah took medicine somewhere in States while her in England. Since she was a kid, she's already fond of medicine, wearing sometimes her mother's stethoscope in her neck and a very long white lab coat that belongs to her mom. She grew up without her father but she sometimes sees him and her mother didn't allow her to meet him and explained that he was a bad guy that wanted to hurt them. Since she was fond of being a doctor she fulfill her dream after graduating in highschool and took medical course. She graduated with flying colours in college and took a licensure exam, she passed it too and one of the topnotcher. She was sociable enough and time to time she goes to club to relax and nothing more. There are some women who wanted to throw themselves to her but she's not like that, a woman who takes one night stands, she knows how to respect women and no one catches her attention even until now.

And one night everything has changed. Clara Jauregui has been shot by her husband Mike Jauregui. It's been on a headline but Lauren did everything from her power to delete it or make it vanished in media's, every bits of it, so now there's no news about it, since the article has been deleted.

She took over JCI early than expected when her mom Clara Jauregui has been shot by her father and that was 1 and a half years ago and had been comatose since then. Lauren became frustrated and been stressed, her mood changes, she was not sociable as before and practically live in the hospital, her smile vanished, she's been depressed lately after what happened to her mother. Her bestfriend Dinah doesn't know what to do too, since the emerald eye woman has been pushing her, but she didn't push her and let her open up if Lauren is willing. Lauren didn't expect it to happen but she had no choice and took over JCI at the age of 27. But no one knew that she was the head of JCI, just some couple of nurses and doctors knew who she was. Eventhough she'd changed, her kindness to her patient remains. But the thought of her mother, comatose, 50/50, always stressed her out and always ended up crying. Sometimes she was spaced out while watching her mother, in a breathing apparatus, tubes in its throat and anything else to keep her alive. Even until now the bullet was still in her mother's chest, slowly inching towards its heart.