13

"AS what I said before we started the EDTA injection to her, we will wait for two days for her system to recover and then we do the operation, it's up to you love," Camila said.

They were there in Clara's room, both looking at unconscious Clara. It was now 8 in the morning. Camila's shift has ended an hour ago and it's time for her to get rest, get back later at 9 in the evening, but she didn't leave, her girlfriend needs her right now who still couldn't believe that they were few more steps and her mother will awake. But Camila answered her that she was 70% if it will be successful or not, it's been two years, two years of the bullet was there trapped in Clara's chest. Camila explained too that there's some new tissue covering the bullet, protecting the heart against the bullet, but because of this, lead poisoning slowly scattered around the system, especially to the blood, the easy target. And Lauren understands, but she was not ready, fear consumes her right now.

"Do we really have to do it?"

"Yes, we need to, we can't take the future risk if we will not remove it as I told you, though we remove the poison the bullet being there in her chest will still affect one of her senses or worst, I haven't gotten this far, this is my first case."

And Lauren nod, "you must be tired, get some rest, then we'll talk about this later?"

"Are you sure you will be okay?" Camila asked, she understands, this is not easy for Laurenan and she saw her nod, "okay, I'll be back later."

And Lauren nod, "let me take you home?"

"Thank you love, but I'll be okay."

"You're tired."

"I'll take a cab and I will leave my car here, is it enough?"

And Lauren nod, "breakfast tomorrow I guess?"

"Of course, breakfast tomorrow, but you need to eat too, I will go to cafeteria to—oh scratch that, I'll be back and bring you food."

"Camz..."

"It'll be a minute, then I'll be home."

And Lauren sighed, "fine."

"Stay here."

"Okay."

Camila left Lauren alone in the room and sighed once she was outside, she was worried, she need Lauren's expertise during the operation, she was ready for the possibilities but she was not that experienced, so with Lauren in the operation room assisting her, they could do it.

LAUREN rub her face, she was not tired but the slowly recovery of her mom worn her out. She needed to trust Camila, it's the only way and her girlfriend needed her.

Camila did bring food to Lauren which the raven haired gratefully accepted it. She gave her a kiss before she leave.

CAMILA contacted their friends bringing the good news to them. They were thankful, especially to her and she brushed it off, she didn't do anything, she just gave an interpretation of what she'd found out and lay it out, open for any suggestions. They will be home on the day of operation, giving them support and prayers. After it, she took rest, she had hours of sleep.

LAUREN was still in her mother's room when Camila timed-in, the brunette even bring her food.