3

EACH passing days, it's getting harder and harder for Camila, she could barely breathe. It's her first time as a doctor having operation left and right, since she was a heart specialists. Dr. L sometimes there taking operations, but she was out of league of other doctors there.

After her 3rd operation that day she went out and took a sit outside the operating room, she took a glance on her digital wristwatch it's 4 in the afternoon, she ate breakfast 6 hours ago and she was hungry but she was exhausted. She breathily calm when someone handed her a bottle of water. She thought it was Shawn but when she look up, she saw Dr L and she secretly sigh so she accepted the bottled water, she even struggle to open it but Dr L grab it from her and open it herself and handed it to her once again, now opened.

"Thank you Dr L," and she took a gulp and sighed with relief.

"Can you still take it?"

Camila saw in Dr L's emerald eyes the calmness, it remained in her face even until now, it was there when the emerald eye doctor assisted her during her last operation.

"Of course," taking another gulp of water.

"Are you sure, because they're not alone."

"I know that, I just couldn't believe that I have left and right operations just for 1 day."

"You're a doctor, it's normal, you know how fate works it sometimes surprise us that we didn't expect it most."

"Why you're so calm?"

"Because we don't have to be nervous, when you operate, nervous has no room inside your system especially in your mind because if you do it will ruin you especially to a person you operated, don't forget why you're here and why you took this profession."

"I could barely breathe, this is my first time."

And Lauren's face fell, "I hope you take more time before you enter here in JCI, they're here because they trust us and we're competent enough to put their lives to us," and she turn her back, disappointment written all over her face, the vibrant color of her eyes dissipated and change into a dull one, "if you couldn't take it anymore, take the temporary contract and when you're done, you're free to leave and never came back we don't need you here if your mind-set is like that," and she left without waiting for a reply from the brunette she admired, she couldn't take it anymore.

Camila look down, gripping the bottled water tight from her hands.

"Wow, I couldn't believe Dr L is like that."

Camila closed her eyes when she heard that familiar name, "no, what she say is right."

"You're still covering her even if you're hurt," he said when he took a sit beside Camila.

And Camila look at to Shawn with tiredness in her face and said, "looks like you forgot, reality hurts," and she stood, emptying the bottled water and walk away from Shawn, unknown to her, Shawn followed her.

"2 more weeks Mila and I'm done here, how is my status to you?"

And Camila let out a frustrated sigh, she was tired and he can't even saw it, "I already told you Shawn you're just a friend to me."

"What is your type Mila? I can be the one, I will change for you."

"Dr L."

"She is your type? I didn't know you are a lesbian."

"And that was your mistake Shawn, you didn't know me first, all you see to me is my face, my physical attributes."