Chapter One: Introduction

You woke up to the sound of the front door being slammed, followed by soft giggling. You sighed, She's drunk again. You looked over your left shoulder at the clock on your nightstand. 5 am?? You groaned in annoyance.

Your mom was an alcoholic but she had a really good paying job which confuses you in many ways. She always came home drunk, hours after her shift had ended. She'd go to a bar or nightclub and stayed there from 9pm to around 4am or 5am. It was incredible yet sad for an adult to stay out for that long while having a kid at home alone. Well, you don't really know for sure what she'd do while she was out of the house.

You both barely speak to each other anymore. She was always out working or drinking or you were at school or at work. She didn't know you had a job though. She never cares to ask you questions that a normal, caring parent would ask their child. For example, "How was your day?" or "How was school?" Some may think hearing those questions are obnoxious and irritating, but you'd never really know. All the conversations your mom and you had were fights and full of hurtful words.

You sighed and stretched, your legs shaking the bed. How long am I gonna have to put up with this, you said to yourself. You made your bed and stood up stretching your back. Rubbing your eyes, you slowly walked down the stairs of your two story home to help out your mom. "Welcome home, would you like a house tour?" You said sarcastically. "Hello my darling!" She said loudly and laughed afterwards. You rolled your eyes. She was reaching for a bottle of vodka in the top cabinate. "As if you aren't drunk enough." You said to yourself. "What'd you say, y/n?" Your mom said while opening the half empty bottle. "Nothing." You sighed. "Maybe you should go to bed. You've been out for a while." You said trying to take the bottle from her. She aggressively pulled the bottle out of your reach, laying her hand in the middle of your chest and pushed you out of her way. "Don't tell me what to do." Your mom said sluggishly. You groaned in annoyance. She wobbled over to the couch and fell onto it, taking a slug out of the vodka bottle. "Why are you still here?" Your mom asked, taking another drink. "I mean, I live here and I'm your kid." You said, rolling your eyes and crossing your arms. "Tch. You're no kid of mine. You ruined my life. I mean, look at me- No, look at YOU." She continued. "Once I had you, your father left and never looked back. If you had never been born, he'd still be with me. We'd be living in France or something. But no, you had to snatch all of that away from me. Don't go around here acting like you own the place because you don't. I do." Your mom said, slurring every few words while wagging a finger at you. She laughed and took another slug out of the bottle.

You clenched your fists tightly, trying the hold in your anger. She did this on the daily: accusing you for ruining her life. It wasn't your fault you were born. You didn't hate yourself. You didn't hate her. You were just mad at her for acting like a child. In fact, you were the parent of this family. You take care of her even though she doesn't deserve it. You scoffed. "It's not my fault that you ruined your life. It's not my fault that you can't control yourself, that the guy that you slept with didn't love you. It's not my fault that you act like a child. If you knew you couldn't handle having ME, then YOU should've been more careful with sleeping with other men. Don't blame me for your idiotic actions." You said with a pained expression on your face. Your mom stood up and chugged the rest of the vodka. Wobbling up to you, she grabbed your shoulder and slapped your left cheek. Your eyes widened at her sudden action. She grabbed your face and said, "Don't you dare speak to me like that in MY house. Shouldn't you have a boyfriend to put you in your place? Oh wait, no. No, because nobody cares about you. Nobody wants you. Not even MME." Her breath smelled like alcohol causes your face to scrunch up and pull away from her. She turned around and plopped back onto the couch, falling asleep instantly.

You sighed and took the empty bottle from her hand and put it in the recyling basket. As you tossed it in the basket, you stared at it. The basket was full of empty soda cans and alcoholic bottles. The stench and sight of it was revolting so you decided to empty it out into the large garbage can outside. You quickly threw it out and went back inside, locking the front door behind you.

Looking at the clock on your phone, there was still enough time for you to eat and shower before logging into the new VRMMO, Sword Art Online. You quickly ate a bowl of cereal and went into the bathroom upstairs to take a shower. You turned on the warm water and stripped down. Slowly walking into the water, you let yourself be consumed by its comforting warmth. You sighed, thinking about what your mom had said to you earlier. You never really let her get into your head like that but this time, she struck a cord.

You weren't the type of girl who was all bubbly and nice. But, you weren't the type of girl who was all mean to people and didn't care about the world. As for your appearance, you had a straight face for most of the time, if not all the time. However, when someone smiled at you, you smiled back. When someone waved to you, you waved back. When someone talked shit about you, you ignored it and minded your own business. (You get the point.) You were striaght forward and to the point. If someone wanted advice, you gave them the advice that they needed. Not the advice they wanted. If someone wanted the truth, you gave it to them, even if it would hurt their feelings. You didn't feel the need to sugar coat things. You thought, people should be able to handle the truth because the truth hurts sometimes. As cliché as it sounds, it's true. You hated the fact that people were so sensitive. I guess putting up with a mom like yours made you like that. You learned not to care about people who didn't care about you. Even though you take care of a mom who doesn't give two shits about you, she gave you a roof over your head and put up with you even though she acts like she doesn't want you.

She did say something that struck your nerves. It was when she said no one cared about you. You knew it was true. You knew for a long time now. You never let it bother you though because you knew you had yourself. That was enough for you. You shook your head, removing those thoughts from your mind.

You turned off the water, letting the last drops fall upon your head. You grabbed your towel and dried yourself. You put baby lotion on your body and walked into your room. You put on (color) sweats and a (color) hoodie and socks because it was cold in your house. You looked at the clock and realized it was about time to log in. You smiled at the thought. It had been a while since the beta test had come out and you longed for the chance to play again. It was such a well developed game, nothing like you have ever seen before. You lied down in bed and put on the nervegear. You had a small smile. "Link Start!"

A/N
Henlo everyone. I haven't written pn wattpad for like 3 or 4 years lol. I'm back. Go check out my Draco Malfoy story and my Flash Imagines if you haven't already. I'll be doing updated randomly. Don't worry, they'll be reoccuring so follow to get the latest chapters. Love y'all. <3

P.S. baby lotion is superior

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

(: