Chapter Two: An Awkward Kaminari

Kaminari and Sero walked down the hall together, with Sero holding a bag filled with different colored paper.

"Okay no, but a straw going up to the surface COULD work," Kaminari argued.

"What if someone moved the straw, you'd just be gulping down seawater," Sero replied.

"No, if no one was TOUCHING the straw, you could totally survive if the straw were like 20 feet long," Kaminari said as they entered their classroom, written on the board was WORK DAY in large letters. All around the room people sat in clusters working with each other and comparing their pieces, his eyes landed on Kyoka Jirou who was patiently waiting on her phone for him to arrive.

"Okay dude, whatever you say, but if you ever buy a 20 ft long straw, tell me," Sero waved as he went over to Ashido to show her the bag.

Kaminari sat back down in Shouji's seat since he was across the room with Tokoyami, leaning forward to glance at Jirou's phone he tapped her to release her from a daydream.

"Oh, you're finally here," she looked up startled. "So I say we use bright colors like Warhol did. Like a neon rave show y'know," she said flipping her phone to face him. Bright yellows and cyan blues scattered on her screen sort of hurt his eyes, but when she scrolled out it revealed there were overlapping shades that created a face.

"Oh! We could do a face, that'd be cool," he said resting his head in his arms.

"I already bought a canvas yesterday, we can start painting tonight," she added. "I don't own paintbrushes though, I was wondering if you had any."

"I dont know, why don't we just go buy some?"

"After school?"

"Yeah, why not," he offered.

"We also need paint, but I'm assuming you don't have any either because you don't have paintbrushes," Jirou mentioned, reopening her notebook, flipping past the doodled pages they created the day before. She hadn't ripped them out.

"Lets get yellow! Electric, like my personality," he said pointing to her paper to write it down.

"We could get bright blues, maybe a lime green," she tapped her pencil to her lip, adding more items to the list.

"If we're doing a person, who are we doing?" Kaminari looked up.

"Oh, I hadnt thought of that. Hm, I'm not a very good artist," she tapped her head lost in thought. "Maybe a public figure, like All Might?"

"Awe yeah! This is gonna be good," Kaminari said excited as he observed Jirou jot more notes for herself to remember. Her bangs covered her eyes and she kept tucking her hair back behind her ears to write, she looked so serene it made Kaminari feel uncontrollably happy. Happy? Why happy?

"Hey Kaminari," Jirou looked up, startling him. "I don't know how many colors we need but do you think we'll need purple?"

"Yeah, it'll totally match your hair," Kaminari smiled as she only rolled her eyes with a slight returned grin, adding that to the list as well.

"So basically, we need every color of the rainbow," Jirou said sitting back in her chair.

"Awe crud," Sero complained as he and Ashido's papers flew onto the floor, reaching past Shouji's desk.

"Why did you buy so many? We're only making something thats like 8 by 8 inches," Ashido said making a small box with her hands.

"If it's an art project and not actual work Im going to at least try more than usual," Sero complained.

Jirou gave a lighthearted giggle, helping Ashido pick up the fallen papers. Her laughter made Kaminari happy too.

Happy, happy, why am I so happy? It feels weird to be this happy.

He picked up a few papers beside her, flinching when she brushed his hand to take his gathered papers from him.

"Okay, I think this is all," Jirou handed them their supplies back.

"Thanks Jiro," Ashido said relived standing back next to Sero. Jirou came up next to them, trying to look over their shoulders as she asked to see what they had so far. Kaminari was so lost in his thoughts that he hadnt heard the next bell ring.

"Excuse me Kaminari, my seat," Shouji spoke behind him which snapped him out of it.

"Sorry," Kaminari apologized, gathering his things as he stood up, heading out toward the door or lunch.

"Hey, Kaminari," he felt a light tap on his shoulder. "Text me after school so we can buy the stuff," Jirou waved as she left with Yaomomo and Uraraka.

"Yep," he gave a thumbs up before turning around and rubbing his neck.

This is all weird, I don't like it.

He'd never seen Kyoka Jirou in any other way than how he'd seen her so far, but what if-

Nah.

What if-

I said nah, stop bothering the story.

I'm the WRITER of the story, what do you mean bother? Kay, anywho-

Little did he know it'd only get more awkward from here.