Chapter Thirteen: Confused

It was now Friday of the same week. School for Class 1-A had been excused until their dorms were repaired, which would only be about one week from now. Many parents had to be spoken to again, similar to what happened during the USJ attack. Surprisingly, all parents agreed and the dorms were set in motion to be rebuilt with higher security. The girls had all planned to go out and enjoy their freedom, going out shopping in and out of stores. The group of 6 decided to stop by a café that Ashido mentioned had great tea.

"It has peach in it? OoOoOo," Uraraka said bewildered as they entered the serene shop with pale blue walls and earthly brown wood floors. Tan tables with tall, slender chairs dotted the area, while elegant black light fixtures hung from above.

"I feel like getting a slice of matcha cake as well, ribbit," Asui said, glancing across the menu.

"Oh, that sounds good," Ashido put a hand under her chin. "Hey Jirou, what are you getting?"

When Ashido looked over Jirou seemed to be staring off into space. Ashido asked for her order, paying and then waiting patiently as the others left with their things, finding a free table for all of them to sit at.

"Hey Jirou, you've been super quiet lately," Ashido came to stand next to Jirou after she'd ordered from the café menu.

"What? Oh- um," Jirou said shaking her head lightly. "I've just been. . thinking about things."

Ashido furrowed her eyebrows in a concerned manner.

"Do you need to talk about it?" Ashido asked, grabbing her order but deciding to stay and talk until Jirou grabbed hers.

"I don't know. . " Jirou scrunched up her nose like she was still debating if she could trust Ashido or not.

"I understand if you don't want to tell me," Ashido said respectfully. "I know I'm a chatterbox, but Jirou, just know, we all got your back. Uraraka, Hagakure, Yaomomo, Asui and I."

There was a moment of hesitation.

"It's what happened Friday," Jirou said in a hushed way, fiddling with the end of her sleeves.

"Friday?"

"My dorm," Jirou added solemnly.

"I promise I deleted the photo and never showed anyone else, and Yaoyorozu and Uraraka never saved it so you're totally safe-" Ashido explained with her left hand up and her right hand covering her heart.

"No-" Jirou said holding the side of her face. "And- and Saturday night too."

"Huh?" Ashido tilted her head, Jirou didn't seem to be making any sense.

"I hurt him, Ashido, I hurt him," Jirou stared at the counter with up-tilted eyebrows. "I did it. I was the one who moved that night," she confessed, switching back to what happened Friday night.

So what Ashido had first assumed was right.

"And I hurt him. I hurt him and I can't forgive myself," Jirou shook her head slowly and moved her hand to her mouth.

Jirou's drink arrived as she picked it up. The other girls were sitting at a table across the café, but Ashido stopped Jirou at a secluded place to talk.

"Jirou, you're okay. It's not like you had a choice in what you did," Ashido comforted her friend. "And trust me, Kaminari-" Ashido stopped herself from blurting too much. "Kaminari. . .feels bad too. ." Ashido said, relieved she hadn't given anything away. She was actually pretty proud of herself for keeping this secret; not just for Kaminari but Jirou too. It was incredibly hard to keep a secret this extreme, especially since these two clueless kids had mutual feelings but couldn't see it. Yet, she kept her promises.