7.

"How do you know that hot piece of ass?" Jin asked, blatantly ogling Jungkook's behind.

"Don't vulgarise every cute guy." You scolded him, while also taking the time to notice Jungkook's ass for the first time. You had to admit, it was definitely a hot piece.

"Goddamn, he's so cute. Ask him out." Jin ordered and you threw your hands up in question.

"Just like that?" You laughed, having a hard time believing his incredulity.

"What are you waiting for, a band to play romantic songs, fireworks going off in the distance, and confetti thrown all over as you ask him out on a date? This isn't a marriage proposal honey."

You chuckled at Jin's reply.

"I met him at my salon a couple days back."

"Ah." Jin's face lit up suddenly. "Is he the one who whipped your hair into this beauty?"

"No. He was the one who shampooed and dried it."

"Same thing." Jin waved his hand dismissively. At the same moment, Jungkook returned with a bottle of packaged water and two glasses. He set those down at your table and you thanked him quickly.

He left to go wait another table and you wished you could keep him here instead. Your longing gaze was picked up by Jin.

"Oh come on, you're totally into him! Your eyes speak the truth. Just ask him out." Jin urged you and you tore your eyes away from Jungkook's muscular form to look back at Jin.

"Not yet. This is just the second time we've met, I don't wanna come off as desperate." You told yourself more than him, your mind deliberating over the decision. You hadn't been this interested in a guy for so long and for the first time, you were also in a position where you could find time in your life to date.

"Sweety, you ARE desperate." Jin said and you fixed him with a pointed glare.

It was true. You hadn't been in a relationship for three years now. College had left you too busy to actually go out much, and then you had dived straight into work. As sad as it seemed, your last date had actually been your high school prom.

And you had made the thunderous mistake of telling Jin about it.

"I'm NOT desperate. I'm dedicated to making a career for myself and-"

"Excuses excuses. Just say that you don't have the guts to simply ask him on a date."

You frowned at Jin's tone. You knew what he was trying to do, incite you to prove him wrong and ask Jungkook out. Well, you weren't going to give him the satisfaction of tricking you.

But then again, what were you really waiting for? Maybe Jin was right and you were just chickening out.

Truth was, you were afraid of hearing no. You hadn't ever asked someone out, and rejection scared you. Not to mention, asking someone like Jungkook out on a date was intimidating in itself. He was handsome beyond belief, charming, funny, had a likeable personality, and his body was to die for. So the fear of rejection loomed larger.

Before you had much time to mull over the issue, Jungkook arrived with your dishes. He quickly set them down.

"Enjoy your meal." He greeted and you thanked him. He flashed you a smile as he left and you almost called out his name in that moment. Almost.

"You look whipped already, Jesus Christ." Jin muttered.

"Can we please talk about something else?"

"Something other than the obvious boner you have for the waiter dude?"

"His name is Jungkook and yes, something other than that." You answered Jin with a glare, which he finally took as his cue to shut up.

You both talked about work through the next 10 minutes as you gobbled up the food. You caught Jungkook's eye across the diner a number of times, each time he flashed you an award winning smile that had you swooning.

As Jin moaned through his desert-ing adventure, filming his reaction to show it to Namjoon later, you trailed your eyes over to Jungkook. He stood at a nearby table, his back facing you, taking orders from a couple. You scanned him from head to toe, from his mop of shiny black hair to his stretched thigh muscles which strained against the fabric of his jeans.

Jungkook suddenly turned and you jolted in your seat, having been caught staring at him. But he only gave you a smile and walked over to your table. For some reason, your heart began thumping more quickly.