10.

You figured it was your extreme bad luck that you fell sick that same night. What else could you have assumed? You hadn't fallen sick in over a year, and it had to happen the day you wanted to ask Jungkook out.

Nonetheless, you got ready in a pair of comfortable pants and a cute blouse, knowing that you'd need pants for your bike ride today. You unfurled your freshly washed hair from the towel that was wrapped around them, and then begun drying it. Little scenarios started playing in your head about how you'd ask him for a coffee maybe.

You smiled, his striking face and doe eyes filling your thoughts. Once ready, you popped some pills into your bag in case your sickness got worse. You could already feel a slight fever settling in.

Taking the subway to work was one of your least favourite things to do, especially when you knew how fast Jungkook's bike could have gotten you there. But you figured he would have college right now, he worked part time afterall.

The rest of the day passed in a bit of a blur, you and Jin had too much work to be able to leave the office for even a minute. Although you really wanted to get lunch at the diner again, and see Jungkook of course, you ended up ordering in due to the work pressure.

When finally you got off work, it was 7 PM. Usually you left before 6 so this was quite late for you. By now you'd lost all hope of catching a ride with Jungkook, he would have left already. You cursed yourself for not asking for his number. He would have felt stupid waiting for you to show up, but you never did.
Your headache had worsened and so had your fever, but you stubbornly refused to take your medicines until you got home and had some porridge.

As you stepped out onto the curb you were astonished to find a bike parked out front, Jungkook leaning casually on it. When he spotted you, he waved you over and you found yourself walking towards him, still in shock.

"What are you still doing here?" You asked.

"I waited for you." He shrugged his shoulders, as if it meant nothing.

"But.. how did you even know that I was still in there?"

"I checked with the receptionist. She told me you were still in. I even had a nice little chat with her about how there's been a lot of pressure on the Editorial Team lately so I thought it would be nice if you atleast got a quick ride home after a hard day's work."

You felt so touched in that moment and you blamed your sick self for being so emotional.

"Thankyou, that's so nice of you." You whispered, your voice soft and most definitely wavering.

"Hey, it's no big deal. Don't worry about it." Jungkook casually said, shurgging his shoulders again.

But it was a big deal to you.

This time as you sat behind him, your fingers clutching tightly the fabric of his white T-shirt, you had no doubt in your mind that you were attracted to him. Not only was he insanely good looking, but he was also a very sweet dude. You would be stupid to let a man like this one slip out of your reach. You had to make some sort of a move.

When he dropped you off at the entrance of your building, you didn't hesitate even a moment to say what you had wanted to.

"Jungkook, can I have your number?"

The question seemed to have startled him as his hand slipped from it's hold in the bike, disturbing the balance for a second. He quickly regained his composure though, masking his surprise.

"Yeah of course. I was just gonna ask for yours, actually."

You gladly lent him your phone and watched as his nimble fingers typed in the number, saving it as 'Jungkook'.

As soon as he bid his goodbyes and left, you changed it to 'Jungkook ❤'.

And thus the next day proceeded, you two chatting almost continuously. You knew he was texting you in between his classes but you couldn't care less about disturbing his studies. After all, you were disturbing your own mounting pile of work just to text him. Your conversations circled around anything and everything, both of you making each other laugh like never before.

When he picked you up that evening after his shift at the parlour though, he was surprised by your form.