The friend turned enemy

"Misty! Misty wake up!"

Cato's voice.

"Cato?" I sit up and that's when I see the faces in the sky.

Clove, Meggie from district 4 and Rue.

"I'm so sorry. Clove- didn't deserve this!" I say to Cato, started to raise my voice. "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO US!!!" I shriek up at the sky. The gamemakers will definitely kill me but I wasn't going to win anyway. "RUE IS ONLY TWELVE! TWELVE!!! YOU MONSTERS, YOU TORTURE US FOR ENTERTAINMENT! BECAUSE OF A REBELLION THAT HAPPENED LONG LONG AGO!"

I'll avenge Clove's death, that's my dying wish. Rue as well.

"I know who it was. They were under these trees when it happened". Cato says hoarsely. "Clove was going to kill district 11. Glimmer shot down Clove. Then the district 11 kid. Roe, I think her name was".

"So it's us, Glimmer and Foxface left."

"I'm gonna win. I won't stop at anything to get home. You understand? Might as well finish you off, princess". I hear Cato say, grinning like the Cheshire cat.

If the careers get rough, get out of there.

I hear Lula's voice and know what to do.

I grab a knife, throw it at him and run like my life depends on it. Well actually, it does.

There's screaming and I turn around, to see Cato running towards me, clutching his eye and groaning. The sword comes whizzing past my shoulder and I dodge between trees, diving into bushes. Suddenly I'm slipping, down many steep banks.

I skid at a halt by a steep cliff. A few twigs and stones scatter down but I manage to stop sliding. I turn to see if Cato is still chasing me.

Boom

A cannon goes off.

Straight after that, a sharp searing pain is in my cheek. A stone. It's heart-shaped and looks like one that fell down the cliff.

The forcefield!

I chuck a slightly bigger stone down the steep cliff and neatly dodge to the side as it flied back up towards me.

Then I know what to do.

I'm going home