The games begin

I am led into my launch room. I first take a shower- it will be hard to keep clean in the arena. Then Lula comes in and I run into her arms.

'You'll be okay, you'll be okay'. She whispers to me.

I won't and she knows it.

'Listen to me'. She says. 'I may not be a Hunger Games expert but I do know enough to tell you one thing. You and district 2 are very close friends now so you need to get in their pack. However, if things get tense or they start turning on each other, get out, okay?'

I nod and just hug her because the Careers are probably my only chance of survival. After the 11 I got, I hope they'll accept me.

A voice tells me I have 60 seconds until the launch. I'm shaking, wishing I could freeze this moment and never go into the games.

50 seconds...

30 seconds...

'Best get in'. Lula reminds me, breaking our hug. 

I nod, numb with fear and walk towards the tube.

20 seconds...

I step inside

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

The glass seals shut and I gasp panicking. I'll never see her again! I'm also scared, what if the glass tube got stuck???

It rises and for a moment I'm surrounded by complete darkness but then the platform bursts through the ground and sunlight shines into my eyes. I look around and gasp. I can see one tribute platform on my right, one on my left. But the worst thing is the arena scenery. There is the cornucopia in front of a wide forest, stretching to the arena. Surrounding the forest is sandy beaches and beyond that is, I'm guessing, the sea. In the middle of the forest there is a big clearing which looks like a meadow and Behing us, instead of the sea there are tall mountains and instead of the beach we are on a dark brown coloured mountain.

Suddenly the realisation sinks in.

We're on top of a volcano.

Spurting lava.

Meaning it is going to explode.

VERY soon.

Okay so this was short but hopefully you got a picture of the arena and what Misty can see from the volcano. Please give any ideas on what should happen next or maybe some comments for improvement idk...

Also shout out to @roseweasley1 @obsessivehuman @scarlette_ciara_fox and @crazy_cookieBD

Sorry if I got usernames wrong it was from memory! xx