The rebellion

Shane Wood [district 5] POV

"MEGANN!!!!!!!!!!" I scream as loudly as I can. She wouldn't return home. Nadia and I were the district's only victors.

I will always love you Megann, I promise. I say this over and over again, crying

I'm the only one watching the screen in the square because it's the middle of the night. I can't take my eyes off it. You would watch all day if your girlfriend could die at any second.

Father is the first to come rushing out. He wraps his arms around me and my tears start falling.

Then mother comes rushing out and stares at the television screen. There's her picture she created from the flowers, merged with a picture of her salute with the three fingers.

Megann's father is standing by the huge screen with the plug in his hands. He's frozen the screen. Anybody who walks into the square will see it.

The first thing that snaps me out of my trance is the matches at my feet. Megann's older brother nods at me.

I strike the match and throw it at the pile of wooden boxes, setting them all alight.

Other people are running out of their houses, doing the same as me and burning the supplies, tipping them over, destroying everything they can. Peacekeepers are running out of buildings and marching into the crowds with guns and swords.

I see Sylvester, head peacekeeper and run to him, flattening the old man to the ground.

"LEAVE MY DISTRICT ALONE!" I scream in his face.

Strong arms haul me back and Father carries me home as I kick and scream.

Inside, I can still see the havoc through the windows. Fire and destruction.

Megann's face on the screen, still smiling when men tip it over and sparks fly out.

A huge riot has sparked. No, a rebellion.

Megann has sparked a rebellion with her flames.

I put my three fingers to my lips and hold them out in the direction of her photo, by the fireplace.

Foxface has started a rebellion! Let me know if you like the story so far, alongbwit any suggestions. Thanks for your support!

Spirit