The reasons that I...

What had began as a few showers from a thick black cloud, soon transformed into a fully fledged storm; complete with gale force winds and startling claps of thunder. Back in TonDC they had developed a very efficient protocol for when a storm occurred however here it was a free for all. Venus watched as the delinquents piled into the drop ship. She was about to follow them when she noticed Octavia looking slightly lost. "Hey, come on. We should get inside." Venus said loudly as she limped over to the younger girl.

"Clarke asked me to get some moonshine from Monty so that she can properly clean Finns wound." Octavia said in a raised voice so that Venus could hear her through the rain.

"I saw him and Jasper leave camp earlier, but I know where he keeps his stash. Come on." She informed her as she led her towards Monty's tent. After finding out that she'd never tried alcohol before, Monty and Jasper had tried to introduce Venus to it, a week after they'd been on the ground. Venus refused, she hated the idea of not fully being in control of herself.

The girls grabbed two canisters full of moonshine from underneath Montys cot and quickly ran back to the drop ship -Venus more galloped than ran due to her still healing leg. Once inside, Venus desperately needed to rest her leg. She handed Octavia the canister that she had carried with a weak smile. Octavia returned the smile before heading over to Clarke and Raven.

A soaking wet Bellamy emerged through the drop ship doors. Venus immediately let out a small sigh of relief when she saw him completely unharmed. Her peaceful moment was soon shattered when she saw what followed him. Two boys were dragging in an unconscious grounder. Her heart dropped into her stomach when she realised who it was; Lincoln. This couldn't be happening. Venus' plan had completely fell apart and she couldn't bear to think of the sheer torture that awaited one of her oldest friends.

Venus shot to her feet and stormed over to Bellamy, her rage and concern for her friend overtook her better judgement. "What the hell is this?" She snapped as she pushed Bellamys shoulder, causing him to jerk slightly backwards.

"It's time to get some answers." He said with a stony expression on his face.

"Oh you mean 'revenge'?" Octavia spat as she climbed down the ladder and stood beside Venus.

"I mean 'intel'." He snapped back to his sister before turning to the boys who had carried Lincoln in. "Get him upstairs."

"Bellamy, they're right." Clarke said gesturing to the furious pair of dark haired girls beside her. The older boy just glared at all three of them with his arms folded over his chest.

Venus suddenly tensed up as she heard a crackling voice come from where Raven was standing. "Clarke, okay we're ready. Can you hear me." The voice of an older woman said. Venus eyes widened in realisation of what it meant. They had fixed the radio, the ark knew the ground was survivable and they were coming. Venus had to resist the urge to scream in frustration. She had failed in catastrophic proportions and there was nothing that she could do. She needed to focus on the more pressing issue at hand which was saving Lincoln's life. Once he was free he would be able to travel to TonDC as planned.

"Bellamy, don't be stupid about this. Once his people find out what we've done to him they'll retaliate and kill us all." She reasoned, trying to scare him into letting Lincoln go.

"Trust me, cutie. He's not gonna get the chance to tell them." He said with a cold expression as he climbed up the drop ship ladder. His words made Venus' blood run cold. She could not let them kill one of her best friends. She was getting him out of there, no matter what it took.

Venus didn't argue with Bellamy. Instead she just followed him up the ladder. She knew that she'd have a better chance of breaking Lincoln free if she could actually get close to him and she wouldn't be able to do that if Bellamy didn't trust her.