Traitors.

Venus ran through the forest, as fast as her frail legs could carry her. Her lungs were burning from lack of oxygen however the pain in her lungs was a welcome distraction from the agony in her heart. She didn't stop running until she reached Lincoln's cave. His bloodshot eyes and dismissive gaze hinted to Venus that he too had undergone an emotional trauma that night. Selfishly, she was glad. It meant that she wouldn't have to talk about her own.

"Hey. When are you leaving?" She asked with a sad smile. A few days ago, Venus had managed to see Lincoln and he explained to her that he was abandoning Trikru and going to the beach in search of a peaceful clan called Flokru.

"I'm not sure if I want to. What's the point without Octavia." He said with a hint of heart break in his voice. Venus instantly felt a pang of sorrow at the sound of her friends name. She had been so wrapped up in her drama with Bellamy that she'd neglected to say goodbye to the only true girl friend she'd ever had.

"Why isn't she going with you? What happened?" Venus sat down on the large bed next to Lincoln and put his hand in hers to comfort him.

"She said she can't abandon her people." He said bitterly, trying to keep his composure but Venus could sense that he was pissed off at her. "I mean, does she think that it's easy for me to abandon mine? Because it's not. Everyone thinks I'm a traitor because I want to be with her and it turns out she wasn't even worth it." He paced frustratedly as he spoke, the agony evident in his voice.

"Hey, come on, you don't mean that." She said as she reached over and gently pulled him back onto the bed. "Octavia risked being hated by her own people too. And she wanted to be with you too. But she also wants to be with Be... her brother." Venus couldn't even bring herself to say his name. The pain was too raw, too real. "She couldn't abandon her family, especially when it's just been them two for the longest time." Lincoln just nodded and gave Venus a soft smile.

"What are you doing here?" He asked through gritted teeth as he choked back the tears.

"I got found out." She stated in the same manner. An apologetic look flashed across Lincoln's face.

"By who?" He asked curiously. She looked up at him with a broken expression on her face and Lincoln immediately realised. "Bellamy."

"I really cared about him, I still care about him, Lincoln. That's why I'm coming with you. I can't stay here knowing that I might see him again. As selfish as it sounds, I don't want my memories of him to be corrupted by him trying to kill me." She said with a glassy eyed stare. Lincoln hadn't seen Venus in such a state since her mother died.

"Venus, come on. I don't think that he'd actually..."

"'If I see you again, I'll kill you' were his exact words." She said with a sad nod. Her urge to cry had been extinguished by the realisation that she didn't have any tears left. "Him hating me isn't even the worst part, I don't blame him. It's the fact that not one part of me feels anything remotely like hate towards him. When I was with him, all I could think about was how good it felt. And now that I'm not, every stupid decision, every heart ache, all the bloodshed has come rushing back to haunt me and I can't take it anymore. It's too much." She said without breath. She had been so desperate to get it off her chest, she thought maybe it might unburden her slightly but it didn't. Lincoln intertwined her fingers with his own and gave her hand a small squeeze.

"Stay here tonight. In the morning I'll take you back to TonDC to say goodbye to you're father and Stellan, then we'll leave, together." He said with a solemn expression. Venus nodded gratefully and kicked off her boots before shimmying underneath the fur throw that Lincoln slept with. He took a pillow off the bed and threw it on the floor. She caught his hand as he reached for a small blanket that laid on the bed.