5... 4... 3... 2... 1.

Venus and Monty has stayed behind to finish loading the guns and keeping order in camp whilst Bellamy, Raven and Finn visited the crash site of the exodus ship to retrieve some rocket fuel for the bomb. They had been in the dinghy tent for what must've been hours.

"Are you scared?" Monty asked quietly, not looking up from the bullets he was fiddling with. Venus took a deep breath. She could sense that Monty was terrified and he had every right to be. War was no picnic. All she could do was try to ease his state of mind.

"Fear cuts deeper than any sword because when you let yourself be ruled by fear you're the one doing the cutting. So no, I don't let myself be scared." She said with a stony expression.

"I wish it were that easy. I'm not brave like you or Clarke or Bellamy." The younger boy confessed with a wounded look on his face.

"Monty, bravery comes from having the courage to face your fears. So you can't truly be brave unless you're afraid." Venus said as she gave Monty her most comforting smile. He nodded as he absorbed her words and continued the work he was doing. Venus heard a thud and her and Monty both snapped their heads away from their work in concern.

Venus rushed out of the tent. She found Bellamy lying on the ground, his face was covered in blood and he was sweating erratically. The sight of his frail body made her heart ache, she never wanted any of this to happen to him.

She felt a surge of adrenaline and darted over to him. "Venus, no. Please, stay the hell away from me." She could see the fear in his eyes as he thought about what might happen if she touched him but she didn't care.

"Help me get him into the drop ship!" She yelled at two delinquents who were just watching their leader squirm in agony.

Despite his best attempts to push her away, Venus managed to get Bellamy into the drop ship and lay him down. Octavia immediately rushed over and tended to her brother. "I'll check on you soon." Venus whispered softly in his ear. She felt it was only right to give the siblings some alone time.

After 10 minutes of sitting out side the drop ship, just thinking about how scared she was for Bellamy, Venus' anxiety finally  overpowered her patience. She entered the drop ship and found him sleeping soundly. The sight of his meagre body made Venus feel sick with rage. How could her people do this to him. She knew that if Bellamy died because of this sick attempt to even the playing field, she could never forgive her people. It was in that moment that she realised, her loyalties laid with Bellamy.

She knelt down beside him, letting the weary boy use her knees as a pillow. She ran her fingers through his hair softly, at the feeling of her tender fingertips caressing his scalp, Bellamy let his eyelids flutter open. He couldn't have been more pleased at the sight that he woken up to. He examined her beautiful face; taking in everything about her in case this was the last time he ever saw her. She had smooth, dry skin with small freckles sprinkled about like confetti. Her thick eyebrows curved in swooping arches over her eyes and her small button like nose completed her wide forehead and blunt chin. These features would not turn heads, or make anyone look twice; they were normal, plain even. But her eyes were like the stars, the way they drew you in to explore the swirling emotion held in their depths. The black of her pupil was surrounded by a ring of jagged silver fire swallowed by sapphire blue. At one glance her eyes merely shone, but if you dared to look closer you could clearly see the fire of a spirit that would never give up.

"Hey, cutie. You shouldn't be in here." Bellamy said in a hoarse and sleepy voice.

"Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not going anywhere." She said as she slid her fingertips from his hair, down to his sharp, strong jaw. Venus traced her fingers up and down his thick neck admiringly. Bellamy closed his eyes in pleasure, the electric feeling he got when their skin made contact suffocated the agony he was in.