Chapter 2

The next morning I opt for a white satin wrap dress with a flow-y tea length skirt and fitted shortsleeved top. I pair it with nude heels and accessorize with gold jewelry. It is a summer look fit for a hot summer day like today.

I am at the office at 9 and decide to use the time to prepare the paperwork I've been putting off. I lose track of time until Samson walks in my office and I look at my watch.

"Oh no! Am I late?" I look from my watch to Samson.

-"No, no they just got here. They are going towards conference room 2 as we speak. Come on.", he reassures me.

I get up, an follow him. We reach the conference room and Samson opens the door for me. I walk in and see three of the other Lead Engineers at Via, Mr. Porter, a man in his late fifties and with him the most drop-dead-model-looking man. I stop in my tracks and say nothing.

"Ah, Mila. Just in time. Let me introduce you to Charles Alcott the CEO of LC and his son Logan. This right here is another of our promising young engineers, Mila Hoffman.", introduces Mr. Porter.

I go to shake their hands I see the resemblance between father and son. They both have the same icy, blue eyes, same straight nose and same full lips. It is obvious where Logan gets his looks from and no doubt his father was considered quite the catch in his days. I shake Charles hand first and am surprised at how tall they both are. I turn to Logan and as he extends his arm I see tattoo ink peek from under the sleeve of his shirt. Does he have a full sleeve tattooed? I snap out of my thoughts and shake his hand, but his eyes lock me. I haven't seen a colder shade of blue before, and the fact that they are framed with black rims makes them even more outer-worldly.

"Nice to meet you.", says Logan first with a hint of a smile.

"Nice to meet you too, both of you." I say and slap myself mentally for being so distracted. I move back and take my seat next to Michael, an engineer that works with me.

"I think we are ready to begin.", offers Mr. Porter.

"I believe so. I would like to start if you are all ready.", says Charles and after we all agree he starts his presentation.

I try to concentrate on what he is saying, but my mind is on his son. He intrigues me and I can't put my finger on it. He is hot, yes. Very tall, broad shouldered, has the most piercing blue eyes and strait black hair, but there is something about him that I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's the confidence he carries himself with, the way he commands the room when he speaks, the way he moves elegantly. Each move he makes, strains his shirt and accentuates his muscular body. I stare at my blank pad in front of me, when I hear my name being called.

"I'm sorry. Can you repeat that Mr. Porter?" I look apologetically at my boss.

"I asked whether you agree to incorporate their materials in your project for a trial period? They seem far superior and right within our budget."

"Yes, of course. As long as the materials are of high quality I don't mind switching suppliers."

"I think that settles that. You have the green light from four of our Lead Engineers to test your products. Their feedback will be of a deciding nature, as they are experts in their respective fields. We can talk about more permanent arrangement after this trial period.", says Mr. Porter.

"Sounds perfect. We have the outmost confidence in the quality of our products and I am sure that we will have a beneficial partnership.", says Logan and looks to his father.

"I believe that concludes our meeting then. We don't want to keep you any longer. I will have Logan deliver a catalogue with pricing and a detailed proposal tailored specifically to you. We will be able to deliver immediately as well.", says Charles and he and Logan get up.