Chapter 7

Logan takes me to a cozy and crowded bar on the other side of town, and as we make our way to a free table, he stops and greets nearly everyone there. People seem to really like him, and he introduces me to everyone, but I of course, I forget their names as soon as they say them. What I like the most is that is seems that no one recognizes me, and I've missed this feeling of being no one.
We find a free table and and he grabs two chairs and brings them over.

"Want anything to drink?" he asks.

"Vodka soda." I say and he looks at me like he's waiting for me to change my mind.

"You either bring me that drink or I'll get it myself." I say.

"Coming right up" he says and brings back my drink and a beer for him.

"I like this place, it's really nice." I lean in and say loudly over the music.

As I do so, I catch his sent. It's fresh and clean and somehow reminds me of summer.

"It's a friend's bar. I've been coming here since it opened. There is a great band playing tonight too." he says leaning over me, with his forearms propped against the table top.

Him being this close makes me jittery. It doesn't help that he smells amazing too.
He straightens up, and start rolling up the sleeves of his shirt. I am mesmerized by the shapes and lines the ink forms on both of his arms and I try to discern all the separate pictures etched on his skin. I explore with my eyes unaware that he has been looking at me the entire time.

"Like what you see?"

"Sorry, didn't mean to stare. It's beautiful art." I say as I look away embarrassed and take a sip from my drink.

"I'm used to it", he smiles.

"How far does it go?" I ask and regret it immediately.

"If you want to see it all, we would have to have Tit for Tat exchanges" he says with that cocky smirk on his face.

"I'm not sure your girlfriend would appreciate you talking to other women like this.", I say with a smile on my face. I can play this game too.

"I don't have a girlfriend, but nice try." he says and keeps his eyes on me.

I decide to play a dangerous game and cross my legs. By doing this, the slit opens up and the dress falls on either side of my legs, exposing them entirely. I see Logan looking and I see him frown again.

"Tit for tat", I say.

"You don't want to start this with me angel." he says and takes a swig from his beer bottle.

Just then two guys walk up to the table and bear-hug Logan. They laugh and squeeze him and he laughs with them too. He looks much younger, and I start to do the math. He said he worked for his father for seven years and started right after college, so that would make him 29-ish.
The two men turn to me and Logan introduces us. They tell me they are part of the band that is playing tonight and after a few pleasantries they excuse themselves to go get ready for their performance.

I start getting really dizzy and see that I've finished my fifth drink for the night. I feel good and relaxed and as soon as the band starts playing I get up and start to dance. I jump and dance with a lot of people around me, and the entire time Logan has his eyes on me. I decide that he has been boring for long enough, so I go and take both of his hands and start pulling him towards me.

"I don't think this is a good idea." he laughs as he lets me pull him toward me.

"You should relax. Look! Everyone's dancing!" I yell over the music and start dancing around him.