Chapter 3

The next few weeks fly by in an instant. I stay at work for longer hours, trying to meet the deadlines and when I get home I don't see much of Shawn. He is mostly out or working. I don't like this dynamic we have lately and I can't help but feel that there is something wrong. I decide to talk to him about it and see if there is something going on.

It is Saturday and I have plans with Brian and Kristen. We spend the morning thrift shopping, one of Brian's favorite hobbies and decide to go for early lunch. We find a small café overlooking the park and decide to sit there. We each make our orders and enjoy our food talking and laughing. Out of the corner of my eye I see Kristen stiffen and I turn to her raising my eyebrows. Brian also looks at her.

"Hot guy alert! It's the hunk from the office from a few weeks back.", she whispers loudly and I immediately know who she's talking about.

Before I have the time to even think I see a huge figure appear in front of our table. I rase my eyes and oh, the sight! It's Logan and he is wearing a short sleeved t-shirt exposing his muscular arms tattooed all the way down to his wrists. He has a few strands of hair falling on his forehead and reaches to slick them back, exposing the band of his boxers and his incredible biceps. This dude looks like he travels with a professional lighting director and photographer. How is this normal?

"Hey Mila. Saw you on my way and wanted to come by and say hi. I'm Logan by the way.", he says and turns to introduce himself to Kristen and then Brian.

Kristen is left speechless and gapes like a school girl, and Brian looks utterly entertained at how uncomfortable we both are.

"Nice to meet you, Logan. Do you want to join us for lunch perhaps?" asks Brian, and I give him a death stare, while Kristen nods like a bobble head and smiles.

"Not today. I have other plans, but thank you for offering." he says to Brian, but keeps his eyes on me.

At that moment a leggy blonde in a short skirt appears at his side and hangs from his neck.

"There you are! I was looking for you at the pretzel stand.", she says and kisses him on the cheek.

"Hi, I'm Mia." she says to us with the biggest smile and whitest teeth.

We each say hello, but Brian is most eager.

"We have to go. It was nice seeing you again.", he says that looking at me and with that stupid smirk he always wears. Then both him and his date turn and head towards the park.

"Oh.My.God! Or should I say oh my Logan? What the ....? That's the guy everyone has been buzzing about?", asks Kristen with her mouth open.

"Yup. And that girl he had with him... Damn!", adds Brian.

"Why haven't you told me how hot he is?", says Kristen looking at me.

"I don't know, I haven't noticed. What's the big deal anyway, you're married.", I lie and try the divert the topic from his hotness.

"Mhm, you haven't noticed. Don't think I am blind missy. I saw the way you were looking, and the way he was looking at you. Seems like superstar has a little competition, doesn't he?", Brian mocks.

"As if! There were no looks, and there is no competition. I am happily and madly in love." I say proudly.

"Mhm, if you say so." says Brian sarcastically, and I immediately change the subject.

After lunch we each head home and I decide to take a walk before I grab a taxi. I enjoy my walk when I hear my phone ring and see Jesse's name on the screen.

"Hey Jess! I'm so glad you called!", I squeal all happy on the phone.

"Hey Mils", she says and doesn't sound herself.