t w e n t y t w o

"Well his body seems to be countering the poison." Su Lan Yue raised her eyebrow. Although Luo Zhong breathing was unstable but it was not enough for him to meet King Yama. "Maybe i should add more."  She took the dagger that was hidden in her sleeves and attempted to cut her finger.

"That wouldn't be necessary princess as the results would be the same." A man slowly walked towards her, revealing his features on the light. Behind him was Guan Ningxin who had a trouble expression. When her gaze met Su Lan Yue eyes, her face became warped as she quickly ran towards her.

"Your hurt." Her voice seemed worried as her delicate fingers search for a handkerchief to wiped the blood. Her movement momentarily froze when she saw the swollen lips of Su Lan Yue.

"It's fine." Su Lan Yue could only shrugged at Guan Ningxin actions as her eyes never left the gentlemen in front of her. She slowly stood up with Guan Ningxin supporting her with trembling hands. She could only gripped the hand tight for bit before letting it go.

"Let him live pri—"

With a bored look Su Lan Yue cut him off. Her eyes narrowing dangerously. "No." She replied with firm resolution.

The gentlemen let out a sigh but he never intends to give up. "But of course not without price."

"Oh?" Su Lan Yue ears perked up as she was interested in the offer. After all the person in front of her is not an ordinary man, with cultivation three levels higher than her or anyone in the room. If she tries to fight him, she could escape him but not without repercussions. Her cultivation might suffer if a fight broke between them, and she might even loose Guan Ningxin in the process.

"The country of Tianfa will be yours,"

"Not interested in a mere country that is a lapdog for the olympia." With quick assessment the player inside Su Lan Yue began to formulate plans to escape as this negotiation might fail.

"I wasn't finished princess, I would also help you return what rightfully belongs to Qing Hong Ru." Hearing her father name on the lips of the person who called it with such familiarity made her hesitate to go through whatever she was thinking.

"And also about Su Wangfei death." It was small, but Su Lan Yue heard a cracked on his voice when he said her mother's name.

"Let me cure the King of Tianfa, let him live, and i will promise you those things."

Su Lan Yue stared at him, her eyes flickered at the jade ornament that was hanging on his waist. The familiar design that only she and her family could wear was boldly hanging on this man waist. After thinking it several times and weighting the pro's and con's she decided. She started to walk towards the staircase. "Well if you can save him, since my blood is poisonous." She threw a quick glance at him before taking long strides.

"I assure you princess i can save him." The men smiled warmly at her that made her felt shivers, and not in a good way. "Only the Su's can create medicine for their poison blood."

Su Lan Yue halted her steps and turned to look. "Imperial doctor Bao is what they call me here." The brown eyes slowly darken into deep shades of red as it stared intently at her. "Well your mother use to call me, gege"

---

Waking up in his bedroom, Luo Zhong groaned as his body begin to ache. His body was bandage up properly and was cleaned. He looked at the ceiling as he remembered flashbacks to what previously happened. 

Death almost claimed him. The figure of the princess holding her spear that she could easily maneuvered in such small space. Her fangs that revealed when she let out a smile reminded him of a beast that allowed it's pray to struggle before doing the killing blow.

As the memories of the fight flowed he's breathing slowly become erratic and frantic. Loud gasps could be heard in the room as he Luo Zhong struggle to breath. He felt a hand rubbed his back and a soft voice reminding him to "calm down." He bobbed his head to the voice direction and met their eyes.

Su Lan Yue took the teacups that was neatly placed besides the table and handed it over to Luo Zhong who still couldn't comprehend as to why the princess was here besides him.

Su Lan Yue brought the cup near to his lips and without a hesitation he slapped her hand and sent the teacup flying, shattering as it hit ground. The annoyance was visible in Su Lan Yue as she let out a sigh. She took another teacup and pour medicinal water in it and pass it on the King of Tianfa who looked at her with raged.

Not that she could blame him, she nearly killed him after all.

"Drink, Doctor Bao is the one who brew this medcine and i have no part of the process." Su Lan Yue brought the cup near his lips "if you dare slapped this princess hands once more, i assure you, it won't be the cup shattering but your head." Still irritated her eyes narrowed down.

Without a choice Luo Zhong could only drink the medicine, and as it expected it was bitter. He let out a few cough before he opened his mouth but only silence followed. He grabbed his throat and tried once more to speak but still it was futile.

Su Lan Yue took a seat besides his bed and carefully took his hands away from him and place it on his side.

"It's probably the effect of my blood, don't force yourself too much or it will worsen." She casually added. "You should thank your imperial doctor that you just temporarily lost your voice, worst case scenario you are either crippled or a corpse."

Su Lan Yue let out a laugh as she took a quick glance. "Just like you friend."

Hearing her mocking voice, Luo Zhong almost jumped towards her to strangle her. He wish that he could kill her, and cut her head off and humiliate her body long after she is dead.

"Your'e free to hate me, if i could do it again i would. But please do remember this is a war, and in war death is always present." Su Lan Yue said as she slowly inch closer. "The war that olympia started, and you the dog tried to fight a dragon."

"If not for the deal, we would have sent you to your friend with yama."