s i x ||劣||

Upon arriving to the palace, Su Hong immediately went down from his horse and opened the carriage doors to support Su Lan Yue. He was still afraid if his daughter was still angry at him, so to quell it he decided to place most of his attention oh her today.

Noticing her father action Su Lan Yue couldn't help but to roll her eyes secretly. To have such a troublesome father, he's going to make things difficult for her if he's going to act like what he did back at the Su residence. However, his actions today did help her as she needs those two people at the back in order to scheme.

So this princess will forgive you today.

Her lips pressed into a thin line as she contemplate on what to do next, as she can't scheme freely in the palace, and what's more eyes and ears are everywhere if royal uncle would know what she had been upto she would undeniably lose her favour.

"Greeting Duke Su." A middle aged man greeted. He took a bow to show respect but then meet Su Hong eyes as to show that both him and the duke have an equal footing. He wore a proud smile on his face and was dressed in an official garbs.

"Minister Guan."

Upon hearing the name Su Lan Yue who was in a dazed snapped back to reality. Her ears perking up and a somewhat devious grin plastered on her face. Sensing something amiss, Minister Guan bobbed his head towards the girl who had a seeminly innocent smile that the Duke was carefully supporting. If not for her young age, and a face similar to the duke, Minister Guan would think that the deceased Su wangfei was alive. Both her bearing and her impression was uncanny like her mother.

"Ah, Princess Yue, forgive this official for not noticing you immediately." In truth, Minister Guan doesn't like Su Lan Yue even a bit, as she was aloof and lofty, throughly the imperial blood that she has on her veins can't be suppressed by a noble's blood. And when he had heard of the rumours surrounding that Princess Yue he felt stomach twisting, for such a young age the girl was already cruel. Was she really that woman's daughter?

"You're forgiven." Su Lan Yue smiled deepened. "How is Ningxin? I suppose she's doing well?"

Su Lan Yue question didn't seemed to raise any alarm. Being the Duke daughter of course it was no doubt that their social circle will be the same. Upon entering the game, players will receive a few memories from the body to help them navigate through. Su Lan Yue tried recalling any information she had known about Guan Ningxin.

The two girls were not close at all having only to meet through princess Aixue through a pearl blossom gathering. Whenever they would be around, Guan Ningxin would acknowledge her, and she in turned would ignore her. Entertaining herself with the scenery. Shen Lian could only cuss at Su Lan Yue for being self absorbed, failing to notice such an important player. But what's the use of crying over spilled milk. By being resourceful and cautious would she be able to achieve her goal and scheme.

But i really do not know what she looks like?

"Thank you for your concern princess Yue, Ningxin is doing well. As of now she is accompanying princess Aixue in the imperial gardens." The tone in minister Guan voice held a bit of pride. He's daughter is close to her highness and was treated rather good. Princess Aixue also consider Guan Ningxin as her sister. 

"Then its best if Guanxiaojie leaves." Her casual statement made minister Guan eyes narrowed. Looking intently at Princess Yue who had an unreadable expression. The stare from the minister didn't cause any discomfort for Su Lan Yue. The player inside of the body after all is used to such stares, be it of fascination or downright disdain. She raised her chin a bit and let out a scoff. Her eyes looking down at the minister.

'Exactly what are you looking at?'

Minister Guan felt shocked that the young princess Yue gave him the exact look when the emperor is angry at any court official that is courting death. The beating of his heart raise, and colour slowly drained from his face.  He lowered his eyes while trying to stop his body from kneeling instinctively. She is throughly a child of a royal.

Trying to swallow the hard lump on his throat the poor minister Guan could only try to end the conversation quickly as possible, if not he doesn't know when will his knees give in from the pressure that the Princess Yue is exuding. Even the crown prince or princess Aixue would give him face but only the second miss of the Su Household dares not to give him face.

The feeling of inferiority surged through his body instantly. For a young girl to hold such power at such a young she would be no doubt become a behemoth if she will continue to grow. Therefore no matter what, Princess Yue of the Su should be eliminated.

"I- this minister will now leave along with his daughter princess Yue, Duke Su." Minister Guan eyes never left the ground. He feared that if he will meet the eyes of the girl in front him she would gouge his eyes out for being impudent.

"No need to leave with Guan xiaojie. This princess will send her home later personally." Su Lan Yue lightly tugged her father sleeves urging him to continue walking. Her eyes never sparing any glance to the minister.

"Left prime minister should leave." Su Hong had already sense the dissatisfaction and annoyance in his daughter heart. It was already quelled moments ago and would have stayed that way if it weren't for that official.

Bowing low enough. Minister Guan felt a bitter taste in his mouth as how the father and daughter pair acted towards him. Heck! He is the left prime minister of the Han nation and this two blatantly ignore his authority.

Good very good! He sneered secretly in his heart. Although his face didn't show any of his turbulent emotions, Su Lan Yue could still read him like an open book.

"Still not leaving?" Su Lan Yue paused and flashed the most adorable smile that Su Hong have seen. His daughter is turning much more beautiful than yesterday. Su Hong might have found it cute but the people at the other end felt chills especially Fa Chenque.

This is the person that i need to go up against today?

Clutching the vial tightly, Fa Chenque felt the need that she must succeed today or else the person will no doubt do more terrifying things.

She prayed secretly that the rare plant called Purple Clover would work.

IFor someone who's body had been feed with poison in order to become immune wouldn't medicine for that person become poison?

Poison and medicine always had a fine line that separates them. Fa Chenque had asked her birth family three months prior for the Purple Clover as she had known that Su Lan Yue wouldn't even flinched if she is feed poison.

Even if the purple clover won't work so what? And if she did she could just feign ignorance, as the duke would no doubt spare her. After all spending many nights with the Duke she had known that he will only hold her if he is reminiscing about the decease Su Furen. She had after all seen the portrait of that said Furen and she could see that her face had some resemblance to Su Furen.

Her face and the duke would be her shield.  

Pretending not to notice the gradual shift in their faces, Su Lan Yue mentally noted that it seems that she isn't the only who eaten a leopard guts to plan a scheme in the palace.

Buts its fine.

Taking another step, Su Lan Yue had officially entered the Palace of the 14th Emperor Jiyue.