e i g h t e e n

The rustling of sound on the Cixi forest could make all the hairs in your body stand. The cold and eerie feeling surrounding the forest intensified as dark shadowy figures zoom across it leaving a blurry figure. Each of their movements were keen and precise with no sign of wasting energy. The leader of the pack, Su Lan Yue had her eyes glowing faint red. If one were to look at it, one could swear the devil's name.

With her heart pumping wildly adrenaline rush through her body, enveloping her whole existence with excitment. She lightly touch the chain scythe hidden inside her clothes. She doesn't have any need for such weapons as her talents lies in long range attack, but her opponent who's the exact opposite of her, who prefers in getting close to their enemies and slicing their throats with his own hands, Kai Wen isn't an opponent that she can underestimate.

Su Lan Yue eyes flickered when she saw the flag of the opposing nation. Her eyes narrowed with intense bloodlust making the other people around her flinch. Guan Ningxin was also part of it. But instead of fear, she had the look of admiration in her eyes.

'Those eyes would melt me if it landed on me.'

When Guan Ningxin felt her attention wavering she shook her head. After all, the general she served is a strict overbearing general with no tolerance for failure. She already had a good repertoire and Su Lan Yue seems to slowly open up to her.

Su Lan Yue halted and without missing a beat her squad slowly started doing their jobs as they all split into smaller groups, leaving only her alone. Su Lan Yue stared at the sky that was slowly getting lighter. With a flicked of her wrist a transparent window opened. She click on the skills menu revealing all her skills in her arsenal. So far she had only perfected three.

The first skill was named janus fire. Named after the god of dreams, the fire is only an illusion capable of making the target person stun for 3 seconds. A perfect skill for Kai Wen.

The second skill was called mermaid lullaby. This skill is pretty rare that she begged her father to teach such skills to her. Of course Su Hong could only comply to his daughters wishes. The skill, just like the first one is a skill that affects the mind, however unlike the first one that affects only a single target, mermaid lullaby doesn't discriminate. Friend or foe, the song will drown and take hold of any breathing being soul.

The last skill is Su Lan Yue personal favorite. Lotus Cadence. Dozens of beautiful fiery lotus will bloom in an orderly fashion captivating every onlookers before exploding in quick succesion. These lotus might be beautiful, but they are truly deadly in the hands of Su Lan Yue. Just ask all those soldiers she gifted to the crown prince.

Su Lan Yue eyes darted to the sky as she saw the warm orb slowly rising. Her lips curved in cruel crescent smile.

"Lotus Cadence." Rows of dozen lotus popped out of everywhere within Kai Wen camp vicinity. Some of the guards where startle by such sight. One enemy guard even took a closer look to take a whiff of the sweet scent it gave off. Too bad they could only admire it for a while. Within a few seconds the lotus were devour in flames and the sweet scent begin to smell like blood.

With a loud bang, the soldiers face had been caught by the explosion causing some of his limbs to flew in every direction. He wasn't the only unlucky one though.

Some soldiers were burning from head to toe, the smell of burning flesh was thick as some of their skins slowly drop to the ground revealing a pink hue. Kai Wen who was caught off guard, instantly bolted from his bed grabbing the Blue Turtle spear near his bedside. He hadn't expected such underhanded tricks coming from the Han Nation side.

He knew the crown prince wasn't well educated in warfare and was rather righteous in his strategy, keeping in leash with the mad General Su. He had fought with these two head to head, so he was already familiar with the other's tactic. As for the other generals, they were all nothing but pretty vases for display.

'Who dares to act unbridled?' Lifting the covers of his tent, his eyes adjusted to the sudden change of lighting, what the great general Kai Wen saw was pure hell.

All of his soldiers were screaming as they all scrambled in panic, bunch of dark robed men begin to start the massacre their master ordered them. Each of their moves were clean and precise, targeting the vital areas with incredible accuracy.

The reason why Su Lan Yue wanted to act at dawn as it was the time were soldiers are mostly relaxed and was just about to wake up from their sweet dreams and thus prone to confusion. Added the fact of loud and defining noises, the startled cry of their comrades will ensue the other to be frazzled thus creating a mass hysteria.

With such perfect scenario Su Lan Yue win is already written in stone. Standing above the trees overlooking the mischief she had created, she look like a lofty god enjoying the show. Her eyes were smiling with such cruelty as it landed on Kai Wen. Her hand reached out for the chain scythe that was neatly placed to her side. Injecting it with her inner Qi the weapon begin to glow in a cold manner and begin to slither like a snake.

With a quick dash Su Lan Yue begin to hunt her prey. She begin to chant strange whispers before closing in to Kai Wen.

"Janus Fire." Small red flames circled around Kai Wen blocking his entire view, he ready his defense stance for the incoming attack, but to his surprise he couldn't move an inch. He glance at his skill bar and notice all of his life saving graces were dull grey.

'Shit, he was immobile.'

Within the span of three seconds the chain scythe had already coiled around his body. Gradually the spell begin to loose its effect, and Kai Wen was surge with hope to make a comeback, but before his hopes could raise any further, he felt a cold metal passed through his neck. Thick warm blood oozed out. Su Lan Yue side step, not letting any of the blood to fall on her clothes. Her heart was thumping wildly, as she try to mentally calm it down. She glance at headless figure of Kai Wen before it drop to the ground, the soulless eyes of the Kai Wen looked at her.

╔ ✧ ✦ ╗

MAIN QUEST:

COMPLETED.

Proceed to next quest?

[Yes]

╚ ╝