t w e l v e

The family banquet never went smoothly. News of the Su Family first miss collapsing spread like wild fire. Some were worried, some didn't care while some were curious as to why she had collapse.

The reason; her mother accidentally poisoned her.

Although the truth was only known to four people. The emperor, Duke Su, the crown prince, and Su Lan Yue. But all of them kept their mouth shut. Although the three people were itching to hang and skin Fa Chenqui, they can never deny the fact that Fa Chenqui father is a merchant with immense influence over the economy of the Han nation. Angering such individual would cause a disastrous catalyst. Therefore they could only thread carefully, and scheme secretly. As for Su Lan Yue who was suppose to be the victim, she never cared at all.

Just as she had promised to the left prime minister, she had personally sent Guan Ningxin home who was somehow happy that she had accompanied her. All through out the ride Guan Ningxin talk about different topics including what was going on in Cixi which instantly caught up Su Lan Yue interest. Perking up her ears she listen intently on to what was imparted to her by the prime minister daughter.

One, is that the country of Tianfa had already allied to one of the greatest forces, Olympia and had garnered a significant amount of destructive weapon. Which made them arrogant and conceited. Two, the main general of the Tianfa country is a 17 year old male with the name Kai Wen, a genius in warfare and military strategic. Since taking into command Kai Wen had already cause casualties that is too much even for the Han nation.

Su Lan Yue was quickly absorbed into deep thought over Kai Wen. To have such a formidable target, can she really assasinate such powerhouse? Su Lan Yue was still at an infant stage level. A level that should be laugh at.

Su Lan Yue begun to think deeply. Qing Xi Yu is totally mediocre on warfare therefore that guy is completely useless. Only able to flaunt its feathers but not its claws. The only person that could help her accomplish her mission is her brother, Su Minqin. The only person that is able to go toe-to-toe with Kai Wen. Without his help, the Cixi would have already fallen and that the army of Kai Wen would have already march towards the capital.

'So this is why brother couldn't come home. He got caught up in his work.'

After dropping Guan Ningxin home, Su Lan Yue went into seclusion for weeks, not even bothering in sending Qing Xi Yu farewell. Which made the young man leave the capital solemnly. While Su Chunhua condition was getting worse and worse each day. Even though Su Lan Yue never cared about their schemes she still had to put the mother and daughter pair in their place. So she decided to drew the boundary boldly. Every meal that is sent towards Su Chunhua had a medicine sprinkled that was carefully made by Su Lan Yue. Even the flowers that adorned her sister courtyard had medicine sprinkled in it.

If this medicine would be inhaled by a person everyday they would feel dependent on the scent as the medicine she had carefully created could cause feelings of euphoria.

By doing so, Fa Chenqui and Su Chunhua would be addicted to the scent, and therfore cannot function properly.

'This will keep them busy.'

Su Lan Yue smile deepens, her deep set of dimples showing, while her fingers twirl playfully on the cup of tea in front of her. Su Hong who notice his daughter smiling amusingly at her thoughts quickly put down his work and chatted with her.

"How's your cultivation going?" It been weeks since he had saw his daughter's face. The more his daughter cultivates the more she starts to resemble her mother more, if only her temperament also change.

Su Hong had carefully observe that her attitude before was bold and daring. Way too straightforward for her own good. Su Lan Yue never cared about her image so she acts as to what she thinks is right therefore garnering the hate of the common people. Now, Su Lan Yue although she maintained her daring attitude but how she executes her schemes with careful planning and consideration.

Like how she plans her sister and that concubine to be a drug addict.

"I already break through the soulstress stage." There was trace of disappointment in her voice, which made Su hong brow rise.

Her level is already equal to the guards of the royal palace, at such a young age she already achieve such level of power, so why is she so hard on herself?

Little did Su Hong knows that although her level can be considered powerful there were much more powerful people than her, the proof was in the ranking boards that the system released every week.

Tapping her fingers on the mahogany table Su Lan Yue prompted her chin on her hands. The sunlight coming from the window of the study room illuminated her features more.

"Daddy, i want to join the battle of Cixi."

Su Hong almost choked on his tea as he stared wide eye in his daughter. He clenched the cup so hard that it eventually shattered into pieces. With bloodshot eyes, Su Hong tried to calm himself down, the broken pieces lacerated the his palm.

Su Lan Yue stood up and made his way towards her father carefully navigating herself to the broken glass on the floor. The red lotus slowly appearing near her as it glows warmly.

She took her fathers hand and took all the bits and pieces as the lotus besides her glow even brighter. The cuts slowly healed with only the blood visible in Su Hong's hand.  Su Lan Yue took her handkerchief and cleaned up her father's bloody hand.

"I will not allow you." Su Hon voice was stern. "Its not safe for you to be there."

"And so is here."  Su Lan Yue looked up and meet her father gaze. Upon entering this game the player inside Su Lan Yue had also refined her craft in acting and lying that she could easily switch character in a few span of minutes.

"Mother stayed in the capital and stayed far far far away from Cixi, but now she's sleeping soundly in the ancestral hall. Daddy please, let me go, I can't forever depend on you for my safety, I'm not incompetent." Su Lan Yue bent her knees and kowtow never minding the scattered glass on the floor.

"Please allow you daughter to join the battle at Cixi."

A/N

Ranking of stages.

13. Infant

12. Soulstress

11. Master

10. Elite

9. Meister

8. virtuoso

7. King

6. Sovereign

5. Paragon

4. Saint

3. Divine

2. Angel

1. Deus