twenty

"Why didn't anyone woke me up?" The ruling king of Tianfa roared in anger. He messily put on his robe and didn't even bother to look presentable as he quickly hasten his steps towards the royal carriage that was prepared with quick haste. His advisors and minister followed suit. All were sweating and were a bit nervous by the king's temperament, but nonetheless they were happy and were brimming with vigour. "Your majesty, we also didn't know as to when General Kai Wen arrive, we just have receive news from his subordinates that the Princess Yue of Han is in his dungeon."

The minister had thought what Kai Wen did was arrogant and was completely unacceptable, but so what? He is the hero of their country. To bring down the upcoming empress of the  Han nation was a sure win move for them. Every political leader could clearly see that the Emperor of Han clearly favours his niece more than his own offspring.

Brilliant people could deduce the fact that while the crown prince can be clearly replace,and Princess Yue was indispensable. To have her as a hostage, would be a huge blow for the Han emperor. This was the Tianfa ministers train of thought: To use Su Lan Yue as leverage.

It was still early morning but the streets were already packed and had a lot of hustle and bustle. People walking from every corner trying to buy necessities for their daily use. The loud voice of the guards who told them to move out of the way cleared a space wide enough for his majesty carriage, zooming through the people who chattered endlessly as to where his majesty was heading. Soon, they finally reached the Kai Residence with the King still on edge.

"Stay here outside of the residence. Make sure to end any suspicious individual." The king ordered the rest of his guard who quietly disappeared from sight.

He eyed the large red gate of the mansion of his friend with a foreboding feeling in his chest.

His stomach clearly twisted in knots. He cough for a few seconds to release the unknowing tension that his body was feeling. Entering the residence the tension slowly build up. He felt sick. His heart going haywire as he could hear the voice in his head that what he is doing is a mistake.

He should have listen to that voice.

"You're finally here your majesty." A voice greeted him. The familiar figure that stood a few meter away from him had a snarky smirk painted on his lips. Kai Wen wore a light green robe with the Blue turtle spear casually on his shoulders. He let out a bored yawn and eyed one of the servants neared him who quickly understood their master intention. They quickly hasten their steps as they move in a fast pace.

The young master is even more scary when he had returned from the battle. The servant could only keep their mouth shut.

"You never wear green." Luo Zhong commented. Carefully examining the clothing of his friend. Luo Zhong and Kai Wen can be considered as brothers as they grow up together. When Luo Zhong seize the thrown it was because of his sworn brother that helped him achieved his dream to be the ruling King of Tianfa.

"And you hated jade." He added. Kai Wen only  shrugged and look completely uninterested in the situation. He turned his back before throwing a quick glance at the King.

"Only because that princess loves green, and jade. I would love to see her face when she see me wearing her favorites."  His strides were quick and steady as he quickly lead the way towards the dungeon.

If Luo Zhong could see Kai Wen expression he would be horrified. A sinister grin present on Kai Wen's lips, his eyes darkening into a darker shades of brown. But that expression only remained for a short second before it reverted back to his boredom look.

"With this the peace that we wish for our country would be finally granted." Luo Zhong matched the pace of Kai Wen. He opened the golden fan on his hands and leisurely fan it on himself. Kai Wen eyes shifted before he nodded in agreement. Luo Zhong patted his brother on his shoulder, his lips curling into a smile. "We've won."

Su Lan Yue was puzzled by such remark but nonetheless maintained her stoic looked. On the inside she was already started to question the word's of the Tianfa ruler. Won? It's only a princess that was captive, not the bloody crown prince. To the player, Su Lan Yue is only a pawn for the emperor. The reason why she is favored is because she was just lucky to be the daughter of Su Wangfei. If she wasn't, then the walls for her to climb would be much harder.

Guan Ningxin in a servant uniformed greeted the two master who was striding towards her. She quickly look away daring not to meet any of their gazes as she bowed down. "The princess is downstairs."

The large heavy door creaked wide open with the sight of stairs leading to the abyss greeted them. The lamp on the walls flickered when the wind from the outside rushed in. Without any hesitation. Kai Wen stepped inside while the King, Luo Zhong had to force himself to even take a step.

When he saw Kai Wen stopped on his tracks to turn towards him he could only grit his teeth and swallow the fear that was slowly eating him up.

He took large strides in order to overtake Kai Wen who looked at him with an eyebrow raised and a smirk on his lips. "If your afraid your majesty perhaps you should hold my hand." The player couldn't help but to tease Luo Zhong, since his handsome features are her type.

'Too bad tho.'  

Luo Zhong reacted with a horrified expression on his face. He pointed his finger at his friend, clearly shaken by Kai Wen suggestion.

"Don't overreact. It's my job to escort you properly." Kai Wen crossed his arm. Clearly wasn't finished in his teasing. "If your afraid of silly physical contact like holding hands, how would you be able to hold your wife."

"You and my queen is different." Luo Zhong retorted.

"As if you have a queen." Kai Wen chuckled before meeting the eyes of Luo Zhong. The player inside thought carefully while looking at King Of Tianfa. She could only sigh inwardly in her mind. Because before the goblin mask countdown is finished, the Tianfa royal family will only exist in history books of Pandora.